Anyone have experience with this product (boot liner)?

Rolfe

Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
I'm interested in this product on Aliexpress but I'm concerned about fit.

That's a generic link but the specific item I'm after is the full liner, as here.

1687189610557.png

I think there may be a problem in that I think the thing is made for the Trophy, which has a higher false floor, meaning that in the SE (or indeed in the Trophy if the false floor is removed) there will be a big gap. One of the comments seems to suggest this is the case - apparently from a Trophy owner who uses the car without the false floor because of fitting in a large dog. One of the pictures seems to suggest the same thing, although looking at it I'm not quite sure if the car in that picture is an MG4 yes, it is.

1687189241129.png

However there is also a note about a "6 cm waterproof trim" which might be designed to address this problem.

1687189367812.png

If this is an optional extra then fair enough, but I can't see any way to specify that I want it.

Just wondering if anyone on the forum had ordered one of these and what the fit was like.

Last edited:
Yes, I bought one but not full height. I don't have pets etc so don't need a full height. Have to say the quality is pretty good and fits well. Not velcro'd mine down yet though.

Liner.jpg

I've just been poking around my SE, and the height difference of the boot and the apparent position of the false floor seems more like 8 cm than 6 cm. I'm quite tempted to go for it, as it seems good value for money, but the absence of any way to contact the seller with a query is putting me off.

Incidentally, while I was looking at the detail of the back with the rear seats down, I did some measuring. If you push the passenger seat as far forward as it will go and put the back in the upright position, you have a clear 180 cm from the back of the seat to the tailgate. I'm 170 cm so of course I had to lie down and test it. I could easily stretch out my full length. I didn't actually go fetch my airbed and try that for fit, but it seems to me that sleeping in this car is entirely possible for one person who is not especially tall.

In the SE you would probably want to put a pillow on the boot floor to bring it up to the same height as the rear seat backs, and put something like a flight bag in the rear footwell to fill in that space, but it looks eminently doable. With the ability to run the car's heating or A/C without having a petrol engine idling (or draining the battery), and to use the entertainment system, and to cook (or even just make a cup of tea) using the V2L, it might be something worth preparing for if you're going somewhere where accommodation availability might be questionable.

I bought the same as @PristDean.
I left mine out in the hot sun a bit to get the creases out.
It's a good fit with a slot for the pull loop to lift the floor up.

Did leaving it in the ☀️work to get the creases out ?
My creases have now disappeared as the interior of the car has been very warm recently. I also found the hole for the floor pull up loop as well.

The only slight concern that I have had is that some of the velcro pads are not sticking to the liner very well. I am going to try some superglue to stick the back of the pad to the liner.

Did leaving it in the ☀️work to get the creases out ?
I left mine outside draped over a garden seat in the sun all day when it was 27 deg C outside. The creases disappeared when it got warm.

My creases have now disappeared as the interior of the car has been very warm recently. I also found the hole for the floor pull up loop as well.

The only slight concern that I have had is that some of the velcro pads are not sticking to the liner very well. I am going to try some superglue to stick the back of the pad to the liner.
I don't think mine has any velcro pads with it just being for the floor and not the sides.

I've just been poking around my SE, and the height difference of the boot and the apparent position of the false floor seems more like 8 cm than 6 cm. I'm quite tempted to go for it, as it seems good value for money, but the absence of any way to contact the seller with a query is putting me off.

Incidentally, while I was looking at the detail of the back with the rear seats down, I did some measuring. If you push the passenger seat as far forward as it will go and put the back in the upright position, you have a clear 180 cm from the back of the seat to the tailgate. I'm 170 cm so of course I had to lie down and test it. I could easily stretch out my full length. I didn't actually go fetch my airbed and try that for fit, but it seems to me that sleeping in this car is entirely possible for one person who is not especially tall.

In the SE you would probably want to put a pillow on the boot floor to bring it up to the same height as the rear seat backs, and put something like a flight bag in the rear footwell to fill in that space, but it looks eminently doable. With the ability to run the car's heating or A/C without having a petrol engine idling (or draining the battery), and to use the entertainment system, and to cook (or even just make a cup of tea) using the V2L, it might be something worth preparing for if you're going somewhere where accommodation availability might be questionable.
I did the same lie down check lol

I did the same lie down check lol

Did you see Bjorn Nyland's video where he slept the night in the MG4? I don't think he's especially tall, but he seemed a uncomfortably twisted up behind the front seat, and said he had to lie diagonally because he couldn't stretch out. Then he said "well the front seat is in its normal position, if you pushed it all the way forward you'd have more room." Well, duh.

You get a lot more space if you push the front seat (or even both of them) as far forward as they'll go, and put the seat backs in the upright position. You could do this last thing before you set up the bed and lie down, after spending the evening in a front seat watching videos on the infotainment screen or whatever.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 510 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back