API integration

DavEV

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
Hello, does anybody know if/how to access the MG4/iSMART API to integrate the car with home automation solutions like Home Assistant and alike? I used to have that on my previous Leaf, it'd be nice to have it back on the MG4.
Thanks

You mean so you can ask Google/Alexa/Whoever to preheat your car, and such like?

Last edited:
Yes, kind of. I doubt you can get it to integrate with Google/Alexa by yourself but I integrated my previous Leaf with Home Assistant (using a container developed by someone else), so I could run automations for it (e.g., to preheat the car during weekdays if at home and when it's cold in the morning, send an alarm if the car is moved or is not charging at the workplace, etc.)
I know you can schedule from the app but you can't set days or location for it.

For reasons best known to themselves, SAIC neither publish an API nor encourage access to their systems. So currently it's not possible and there's no sign of that changing any time soon.

For reasons best known to themselves, SAIC neither publish an API nor encourage access to their systems. So currently it's not possible and there's no sign of that changing any time soon.
Don't want to be found out that they "acquired" it from another manufacturer 😁

I might take a look at trying to reverse engineer it at some point. I assume most of the detail we’d need will be in the APK and we can decompile the Java. Hopefully there’s not too many layers of security to prevent it being used by something other than the app.

I was thinking too to do some packet capture and possible reverse engineer the app (although I'm not good at the latter). If anyone else is able to find any useful information, I'll be happy to offer a drink or something :)

Hi,

I'd also find this very useful to work with Home Assistant.

There is a separate thread on this that I'm keeping my eye on.

Fingers crossed it works out

Maybe the german Forum can help you
just use google translate
and

Has someone already tried this solution to get the MG4 data in HA?:

I've tried it for my MG4 but not yet succesfull (everything is running but no data on the entities)

Has someone already tried this solution to get the MG4 data in HA?:

I've tried it for my MG4 but not yet succesfull (everything is running but no data on the entities)
Already solved, you have to use your email as login instead of your phonenumber

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 508 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel