Apple Car Play Stopping with iPhone 15

Able25

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
Having a very frustrating issue where the car play drops whilst plugged in. The phone will still be charging but car play just stops. Noticed this happen a few times before when I was using my lightening cable with my IPhone 13 but only if I picked it up and thought it was a cable issue. Now using a brand new USB A to USB C and it works for a bit and then just drops constantly even without touching it. Incredibly frustrating.

Having a very frustrating issue where the car play drops whilst plugged in. The phone will still be charging but car play just stops. Noticed this happen a few times before when I was using my lightening cable with my IPhone 13 but only if I picked it up and thought it was a cable issue. Now using a brand new USB A to USB C and it works for a bit and then just drops constantly even without touching it. Incredibly frustrating.
It will be a compatibility issue, as the phone is too new.

It worked fine for 20 mins on my way back today and then conked out again, not sure why it would be fine and then cut out

Have you tried resetting the infotainment unit?
;long press on home button

If it used to happen with your iPhone 13 then I wonder.
Also when it ‘drops’ does the infotainment go back to the home page?
Is your iPhone 15 on the latest iOS?

What brand of cable are you using?

Have you tried resetting the infotainment unit?
;long press on home button

If it used to happen with your iPhone 13 then I wonder.
Also when it ‘drops’ does the infotainment go back to the home page?
Is your iPhone 15 on the latest iOS?
I have tried that but still happening. It did happen but not nearly as much as it is now. When it drops yeah it just goes back to the MG home page. When I plug it back in it will show as charging but Car Play doesn't kick in.
iPhone 15 here and no such issues.
Which infotainment software version are you on?
What brand of cable are you using?
I got some off Amazon brand is 'Yosou' and works fine in our VW Golf

I think this may be your issue. I’ve had cheap cables work in some cars and not others.

My first troubleshooting step is always to try an official Apple cable. Removes the doubt.
Agree. Although with USB-C this shouldn’t be the case anymore.

That seems really limiting :( I can try and dig out a different USB A - USB C cable and see if that fixes it.
Do you by any chance have a second cable plugged into the front or rear?
At this point I think it’s a trip to the dealer. Take video first though.

Sadly not, will try some other cables and see what happens. I think I need to get my infotainment system updated anyway as my bluetooth keeps on forgetting my phone.

In my experience the quality of the cable is paramount. Belkin is mentioned on threads elsewhere as is the VW connector which I use. I had similar issues, but once I got a decent cable I have never had a seconds issue.

I’ve had similar issues since I bought my MG4 it’s a combination of cable (if you can backup you phone to a pc the cable is good and I use an apple one) but more importantly it is the hardware that you insert your cable in to. I have my car booked in to replace the usb port on the car… only took a year to get this sorted.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 532 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back