Apple Car Play Stopping with iPhone 15

I had this for the first 2 months - sometime I could plug in and work others repeated unplugging/switching power off/locking and unlocking with no luck.
Bought a USB-C thinking that would solve it but as above that port only seems to charge.
I saw Anker as the brand everyone recommended on similar threads and so far (couple of weeks) I think I have had 1-2 drop outs.
I have had a spot where it drops off the screen but still shows as AppleCarPlay live on the screen. If you select it it gives a dark screen > to fix this I find home button and then AppleCarPlay and it comes back to life

Having a very frustrating issue where the car play drops whilst plugged in. The phone will still be charging but car play just stops. Noticed this happen a few times before when I was using my lightening cable with my IPhone 13 but only if I picked it up and thought it was a cable issue. Now using a brand new USB A to USB C and it works for a bit and then just drops constantly even without touching it. Incredibly frustrating.
I just moved over to iPhone 15 pro max but I use adapter so use Bluetooth to connect the phone to CarPlay and work better than a wire. No plugging in to the phone when getting in to the car, auto connect to you carplay and my new phone has not dropped out.

I just moved over to iPhone 15 pro max but I use adapter so use Bluetooth to connect the phone to CarPlay and work better than a wire. No plugging in to the phone when in to the car, auto connect to you carplay and my new phone has not dropped out.
What adapter are you using?

Having a very frustrating issue where the car play drops whilst plugged in. The phone will still be charging but car play just stops. Noticed this happen a few times before when I was using my lightening cable with my IPhone 13 but only if I picked it up and thought it was a cable issue. Now using a brand new USB A to USB C and it works for a bit and then just drops constantly even without touching it. Incredibly frustrating.
We had an issue with Android Auto repeatedly disconnecting on my wife's phone. After coming across a suggestion on another forum I tried connecting the phone to the USB port on the car via an old USB hub, and we've had no problems since - both our phones now stay connected.

In my MG5 i have the same issue with an iPhone SE. My MG5 has a very old software version so i hope it will be fixed after software update.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 506 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back