Are MG4s going to be driven by Old Farts!

When the 2 motor performance model comes along in April/May this year, it may well appeal to the younger driver.

I have been told by my MG dealership that it will be called the "Xpower" and i have put my name down for a test drive 😁

Agreed, from my perspective I’ve wanted to switch to an EV for a few years now but there’s been nothing remotely appealing on the market until the MG4 was released. Looks wise it’s well ahead of many more established EVs in my opinion.

I agree the 4 looks good.
But mid-size 4 door hatchbacks aren’t what youngsters want.
As my daughter puts it she wants an ‘electric polo’
That’s the size of cars we need in the EV sector, larger cars have been done to death.

When the 2 motor performance model comes along in April/May this year, it may well appeal to the younger driver.

I have been told by my MG dealership that it will be called the "Xpower" and i have put my name down for a test drive 😁

MG having a performance model really makes me laugh.
More people reporting restricted performance in their normal 4s.
Maybe MG should sort that before thinking about a performance car.
How is an ‘X’ owner going to react to the car suddenly stopping accelerating at 63mph..?

smart #1 should be available soon, but no word yet on the pricing

Been waiting for the pricing on this, but nothing so far.
Was also waiting for the Abarth 500e pricing.
Seen one big dealer mention costs, but they’re ludicrous (£700 a month!!)

Last night, my dealer told me the launch is late May or early June. He saw it at MG UK HQ last week.

To answer the question in the thread title, I blame the sprouts!

Saw IPA on this thread. Reminded me of my recent visit to Greene King brewery in Bury St Edmunds. Story is they bought up a brewery in Abingdon where they brewed Old Speckled Hen, whose bottle label borrowed its shape from the neighbouring car factory: MG. It’s an octagonal label!
speckled

Saw IPA on this thread. Reminded me of my recent visit to Greene King brewery in Bury St Edmunds. Story is they bought up a brewery in Abingdon where they brewed Old Speckled Hen, whose bottle label borrowed its shape from the neighbouring car factory: MG. It’s an octagonal label!
speckled
Old Speckled Hen took its name from an experimental car called the MG Featherlight Saloon. The car's body was made of a wooden frame covered with gold-speckled black cellulosed fabric. It was used as a runaround for workers in the MG factory in Abingdon and was nicknamed the "owd speck'ld un".

1680204742659.jpeg

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 498 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel