Are you happy with your MG4?

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Total voters
Great account 😁👍. Especially love the trouncing a BM
BUT it might be worth editing XXmph to XXmph. Don't know if forum posts are permissable in court but, well, y'know 😉
The OP has now been edited so you might want to edit your post too as it's now you that's dropping him in it 😁

Last edited by a moderator:
If only life was that simple? Past misdemeanours used to be rescinded by three hail Marys. Nowadays with dashcams, phones (Tik Tok , Youtube etc ) we are willingly admitting guilt to anyone watching and proudly giving a running commentary. :rolleyes:

Short one for me, 1 year on from first getting into my SR SE and it's still a fantastic vehicle. The main, ongoing problem for me is unreliable public charging; ChargePlace Scotland and InstaVolt used to be rock solid and now are a gamble on the charge starting or not (very frustrating on a road trip down at 10%!), depending on the hardware, Podpoint and MFG are still 100% reliable so I don't know what makes the difference. For someone like me who has no at-home charging, this problem is massively amplified and I don't see EVs taking over everyone's daily driver without a vastly expanded AND reliable charging network!

Other than that, still amazing! Blows my old petrol Focus of the water in every single aspect. 10/10 car!

Have you had your first service yet? How did it go?

I think the solution to your problem will come when it's realised that 7 kw AC chargers need to be available (at a reasonable price) wherever cars are parked.

Have you had your first service yet? How did it go?

I think the solution to your problem will come when it's realised that 7 kw AC chargers need to be available (at a reasonable price) wherever cars are parked.

Agreed! I'd love having AC chargers on the streets here.

Also the first service at Macklin went by with no problems at all, quite nice to have a video walk-around as well.

Agreed! I'd love having AC chargers on the streets here.

Also the first service at Macklin went by with no problems at all, quite nice to have a video walk-around as well.

Mine's due on the 19th. Did they do all your software updates? What video walk-round? Did you get a courtesy car?

Mine's due on the 19th. Did they do all your software updates? What video walk-round? Did you get a courtesy car?
Software updates yes, Video walk-round was a service member actually recording a short 2 min video showing the car from all angles, then up on the lift and underneath listing off the tyre tread measurements and confirming the brakes were OK, that sort of thing.

I didn't get a courtesy car this time but I probably should have, took a while to get the bus out there and back!

Software updates yes, Video walk-round was a service member actually recording a short 2 min video showing the car from all angles, then up on the lift and underneath listing off the tyre tread measurements and confirming the brakes were OK, that sort of thing.

I didn't get a courtesy car this time but I probably should have, took a while to get the bus out there and back!
How's your undertray? Bulge or no ?

Alix and I bought identical cars from the same dealer two weeks apart. I got the one with the bulge!
Oooh, unlucky there Rolfe. Will be interesting to hear what they have to say about it if you get the walk around video too 🤔

My garage tried looking up the Undertray bulletin number AS-TEC-02112023-01 but couldn't find anything, so assumed it's a fix provided directly by MG Australia.

My garage tried looking up the Undertray bulletin number AS-TEC-02112023-01 but couldn't find anything, so assumed it's a fix provided directly by MG Australia.
Wouldn't be to hard for MG UK to get details of the fix from MG Australia, if they
could be arsed, but it seems they can't. 😡🙁👎

People often come to a forum for information (sometimes before purchasing) but also to get help with issues they have. This can sometimes give the impression that there are lots of problems when, in fact, happy owners, just get on and enjoy their cars without feeling any need to discuss them. Which leaves a disproportionately large proportion of threads posted here being about problems. So let's ask the question.

Yes

• Yes

Votes: 510 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums