Audio system sound quality

Cant speak for the ZS but the HS PHEV I have sounds great.
Interesting.
I know sound quality is very subjective and a high degree of personal preference, but I find my HS PHEV definitely lacking in bass "oomph" and "warmness" especially at lower volume levels, despite setting maximum bass and the electronic subwoofer to max.
I have to admit I'm comparing it to my previous car - an Audi S3 with a premium Bose sound system and physical subwoofer located in the spare wheel well so it isn't really like for like.

Hi all,

Read a few places saying MG ZS EV has a poor audio system forcing many to upgrade to better speakers/woofer etc and yet some people say it’s absolutely fine.

So please tell me how it is in your experience - good, bad or so so?

I have never had this problem with modern cars with pretty much all having decent quality audio systems from factory. But it seems MG is lacking in this basic area. Also don’t think new MG ZS EV LR improves this situation?

All comments welcome please.
Have you enabled the enhanced sound option. It improves the sound no end.

This issue is very subjective. I find the system fine at higher volumes but lacking a little punch at lower volumes in my MG5. This bloke does interesting reviews.
I had a leaf with a Bose system that I anticipated to be great but was left underwhelmed.

Hi, which screen is that on? Help in getting to it.
I was referring to the Gen1, as I have, but I think someone mentioned that there is a subwoofer setting in the Gen 2 as well. I'm sure someone on here with a Gen 2 will be along shortly to let you know.

I can understand probably budget compromises on a £20-22k car (Gen1 ZS) which I agree was damn cheap back in the day. But the new £30-32k+ higher end LR Trophy models has no excuse not to have a decent/premium sound system.

Most other cars for similar or less value have no issues here - ID3, Leaf long range, Ioniq classic, etc. looks like MG have dropped the game here in a important area.
You forget the government grant on the mk1...?

Your "higher end LR" is the same car with a bigger battery an odd whistle added & removed...

It's a cheap ev, face it 👍🏻

Anybody actually done any audio upgrades to their Mk2? I am interested in doing the same, probably not as far as changing out the amp, but will definitely be looking at upgrading the crappy paper cone speakers that will inevitably be there for something more crisp. would be good to hear if anyone has done it yet and knows sizes and complexity of the swap out.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom