Auto lights always coming on ? Hillbilly hack.

Yes, opaque means to not let light through.
No it doesn't... get your Collins dictionary out :

Opaque.png

Does the 3D printed cover clip in to the dashboard as well as the original cover? I noticed the original cover has spaces for clips to latch on.

I second that. There's no serious danger of it coming out spontaneously, but it's a lot easier to get it out if you want to fiddle with it than the major prising-loose exercise with the original cover.

My Luxury was delivered 30. May here in Norway, it's not fast to change between lowbeam and DRL. When I put my hand over the cover it take 2 seconds before changing to lowbeam, and 4-5 seconds to go back (at least in my test today). But it's changing to lowbeam when it's far to light outside.

Last edited:
Exactly that. Prise off the cover of the sensor and it will work almost perfectly. The only problem is you have an exposed sensor on the fascia and the green PCB is visible as a reflection in the windscreen. Various options for a replacement, the consensus seems to be to pick something that obstructs as little light as possible.

I'm thinking this, with maybe a bit of transparent light-resistant tape over the aperture to protect the sensor from dust etc.

1686740585958.png

On the other hand someone else has had good results printing one that's similar to the original cover but in a transparent or translucent material. But with nothing at all, it works, so there's no "too much light" issue with any of the options.

If it's daylight, then flicking the auto lights off is part of my cockpit checks before take-off. ( Along with LKA Off, Speed Sign recognition Off and WiFi hotspot On.) Then, at dusk, I flick them to Active.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 511 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back