Auto wipers?

OK that's fine thanks for the quick replies, thought I had a mis build or something because it talks about auto wipers in the user manual on the infotainment.

Had auto wipers on all my cars, and I know it seems obvious to turn them on when you can't see through the rain but I still find my self waiting for them to wipe 🙃

I wondered this myself as the user manual refers to automatic wipe, but mentions INT on the stalk.

Attachments

• 73573DA3-BF67-4B1C-9285-D7F85EB71ACD.jpeg
    73573DA3-BF67-4B1C-9285-D7F85EB71ACD.jpeg
    273 KB · Views: 463
I wondered this myself as the user manual refers to automatic wipe, but mentions INT on the stalk.
They automatically vary their speed with the speed of the vehicle when in intermittent mode, but there is no rain sensor, so technically they are manual wipers with automatic speed adjustment.

OK that's fine thanks for the quick replies, thought I had a mis build or something because it talks about auto wipers in the user manual on the infotainment.

Had auto wipers on all my cars, and I know it seems obvious to turn them on when you can't see through the rain but I still find my self waiting for them to wipe 🙃

could be one of those cost reductions to hit the price mark - like the heat pump. Although , surely its all software ?

To be fair, the car I have at the moment has a rain sensor with 2 settings for sensitivity and I still find myself switching between them and also the continuous wipe setting!

The MG4 appears to have 3 settings for the intermittent mode so easy to toggle between them I guess.

could be one of those cost reductions to hit the price mark - like the heat pump. Although , surely its all software ?
Omitting the rain sensor saves money, similar to the lack of front parking sensors, interior rear lights, grab handles, rear wiper. I think they have been quite clever in how to save money,

They automatically vary their speed with the speed of the vehicle when in intermittent mode, but there is no rain sensor, so technically they are manual wipers with automatic speed adjustment.
That would probable work better than "Auto" as I remember a ford my friend had, that i drove a few times, which had "Auto" with 3 speed settings I still spent my time toggling the various speed settings, just like i did for my manual variable speed on my car.

Omitting the rain sensor saves money, similar to the lack of front parking sensors, interior rear lights, grab handles, rear wiper. I think they have been quite clever in how to save money,
my salesman was under the impression there was autowipers during the test drive - sad to find out they ain't there.. In fairness, all stuff cut you can live without - I do plan to use some usb motion sensors for the footwell of the backseats so my kid has a little light climbing in . Maybe a future thread, the cost cutting and the community solutions....

Attachments

• 1668292770675.png
    1668292770675.png
    285 KB · Views: 407
my salesman was under the impression there was autowipers during the test drive - sad to find out they ain't there.. In fairness, all stuff cut you can live without - I do plan to use some usb motion sensors for the footwell of the backseats so my kid has a little light climbing in . Maybe a future thread, the cost cutting and the community solutions....
Yes, that's why it is clever because you think "shame, but I can live without that". Also includes rear armrest/ski hatch, middle rear headrest, rear seatbelt guides, boot 12v socket, frunk/froot. They have really thought hard about it.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 504 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back