In the two years of owning a ZS EV LR Trophy that has now covered almost 18,000 miles, I have never run the SOC down to 10%.
I would say that 100% of my charging needs, have been carried out exclusively by our home wall box.
No public A/C or D/C charging has taken place either.
We have a cheaper off peak tariff of 5 hours and I find that we are able to hit the preset 80% SOC in a single session.
This level of charge covers 95% of the journeys that we make.
80% SOC returns a predicted range of about 210 miles on the GOM.
I have never reduced the range close to 10% SOC and only charge to above 80% on rare occasions.
Normally the car is placed on charge when we reach around 50 - 70 miles of range remaining, but we are not that stressed on that pattern either TBH.
I never look at the remaining range until the green battery status bar turns from green to amber anymore.
The traction battery 🔋 is reporting a SOH of 99% so you make of this what you will.
I can see the slight battery degradation which was just about evident at around 18 months old I guess.
80% SOC would return a predicted range of 212 miles of range on a consistent basis.
Now it is more like 208 - 209 miles ( ish ) but this can be ambient temperature related also.
Should you get a wall box ?.
I would say that it’s probably a good idea myself.
I used the Granny charger for about 7 months before installing the wall box.
One thing to consider, unless you live close to a local charger, what do you do if your single Granny unit fails ?.
Always have a back plan with an EV 😂.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom