Balancing charge

bajwa

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
Why my MG4 electric car says balancing charge in progress at 40% battery. It automatically stops charging at 40%.Ihave used both normal home charger and ultrafast public chargers, it doesn't charge more than 40%. Can please someone can explain to me about this. The car is only 2 weeks old and has done only 900Kms

Why my MG4 electric car says balancing charge in progress at 40% battery. It automatically stops charging at 40%.Ihave used both normal home charger and ultrafast public chargers, it doesn't charge more than 40%. Can please someone can explain to me about this. The car is only 2 weeks old and has done only 900Kms
Check that you have not got 40% set in car battery management, in car or in the app. I believe that balancing happens once the % set in the car or app is reached.

I never touched car battery management and I didn't downloaded even app. Please explain where can I find it? Or what other factors can cause it. It all started when I plugged my normal home charger for 12 hrs.

I never touched car battery management and I didn't downloaded even app. Please explain where can I find it? Or what other factors can cause it. It all started when I plugged my normal home charger for 12 hrs.
You need to get back to the dealer and get him to help you download the app and connect the car. Meanwhile this should help. Setting the % is at about 12.40 in. Yours is likely set at 40%

Hi, I strongly suggest you download the app. It's free and it has some very good functions. In the app go to the menu bars in the top left corner, choose charging management. you will see a diagram that looks like a battery. There is an arrow just under said battery. Slide the arrow to where you want to charge to. Yours is probably set at 40% so that's where charging stops.
From the car main screen press the charging section, screen will change to show a car with charging parameters, under the car there is a box where you tell the car where to stop charging. The green bar shows where the battery will stop charging. if you press on the black section ( just to the right of the green section) you can adjust the battery charge percentage where you want the charging to stop. Unless you want to charge for a long journey, I would not set it to 100%. This will help your battery health and longevity. If the car is used for short journeys, ideally you set it to a level of charge you will use in 4 or 5 days days of driving. Hope this helps

Thank you. Yes, for some strange reason, the battery setting was set up on 40% and that's why it was not charging more than 40%. But I am still surprised how did it happen as I never touched that setting. Well I didn't know that anyway and I am the only driver of the car. When I got the new car 2 weeks ago, they gave a full charge, so still wandering😇😇

Maybe you did it in the car then - who knows, I'm only speculating. Regardless, you've found the issue and resolved it, so all good. :)

And that is the benefit of forums such as this; you learn so much that the manual and dealer fail to tell you. Thank heavens for the pioneers who can direct us to solutions, even if it means going back to the dealer.

And that is the benefit of forums such as this; you learn so much that the manual and dealer fail to tell you. Thank heavens for the pioneers who can direct us to solutions, even if it means going back to the dealer.
Absolutely agree. I took the car to dealership and they have no idea what's wrong with it until I got the answer through this forum. Thanks everyone.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 544 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back