Battery charging capacity

Jits

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
As it is mentioned by MG, battery size of MG EHS is 16.6 kwh. But unfortunately, the maximum I can charge is 14.5kwh starting from 0 ( battery level as well as battery km).
Then few other times, battery got charged 12.8 & 13.7 (both starting from 0 battery level and km range) but the driving range after plugout was 52km in both scenarios.

I am not sure what is the actual battery size and how it works. Because in simple calculation, if car can drive upto 52km in fully charged battery with 12.8kwh, then driving range should be more on 13.7 & 14.5. which means if we able to charge and use full battery power of 16.6kwh. it may give us around 10-15km extra range.

Whats your experience on this?

The battery is as you say but the battery will not completely discharge if it did would not recharge.

As it is mentioned by MG, battery size of MG EHS is 16.6 kwh. But unfortunately, the maximum I can charge is 14.5kwh starting from 0 ( battery level as well as battery km).
Then few other times, battery got charged 12.8 & 13.7 (both starting from 0 battery level and km range) but the driving range after plugout was 52km in both scenarios.

I am not sure what is the actual battery size and how it works. Because in simple calculation, if car can drive upto 52km in fully charged battery with 12.8kwh, then driving range should be more on 13.7 & 14.5. which means if we able to charge and use full battery power of 16.6kwh. it may give us around 10-15km extra range.

Whats your experience on this?
1646334866444.png

From mg.co.uk

Its a buffer at either end of the battery to protect it.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom