battery heater

Just to clarify, not that my ZS or SWMBO's 5 have this option, but is this battery heater function just for when charging the battery, or does it have a use when using the car ?
It seems to me it could be a big drain on the battery itself whilst it's on. 🤔

Not yet used it but did see on the settings pages of a battery heat function. Would be interesting to hear/read on the drain vs functionality
Does the MG 5 have battery heating?
I can't find any reference to it in on line specs.

Whilst this is the '5' section it would be interesting to know if the route planning feature of the MG iSmart on the 2022 ZS would automatically prewarm the battery (if necessary) if the upcoming gps destination is a preselected charge point - as Teslas do, I understand.

No route planning on the 2022 '5' inexplicably stripped down version of iSmart though.

Whilst this is the '5' section it would be interesting to know if the route planning feature of the MG iSmart on the 2022 ZS would automatically prewarm the battery (if necessary) if the upcoming gps destination is a preselected charge point - as Teslas do, I understand.

Just what you need as you're running out of battery, an extra drain on it. :LOL:

I believe the point is that the journey is planned allowing for the absolute range, diversion reserve, power needed for battery warming etc rather than just pointing it up the road and hoping for the best.

But, I do not question, but merely seek enlightenment.

D0710F73-A798-4392-AFD6-AEA7C324DCE9.jpeg

I have borrowed the photo from the internet but this is what it shows in the settings.

I believe the point is that the journey is planned allowing for the absolute range, diversion reserve, power needed for battery warming etc rather than just pointing it up the road and hoping for the best.

But, I do not question, but merely seek enlightenment.
Good point about range diversion reserve. I’ve had two recent journeys that had what became 10 - 15 mile diversions that were unexpected and messed up my meticulous planning! As it was on the way home it brought on a little anxiety. ABC always ways be charging - could have topped easily at the trip destination. Hey ho.

No route planning on the 2022 '5' inexplicably stripped down version of iSmart though.
20211029_141914.jpg

View attachment 5446
I have borrowed the photo from the internet but this is what it shows in the settings.
Thanks Steve.

Maybe it's a pity they didn't leave the oft criticised battery switch and use it as a battery heater on/off switch so you could just warm it for a short period prior to docking on a charger.

After struggling to charge my MG5LR at a reasonable speed using a CCS @ 0oC, I moved to an adjacent unit and turned on the heater. Charging speed was noticeably faster.

Can’t say it was definitely the heater vs possibly poor CCS unit vs already warmed due to initial charge. But, I’ll be using in future when this low in temperature

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom