Battery Heater

Looking at your % it seems heating did not kick in. If not plugged (or was it?) in it should draw power from the batteries. At 38 to 38 nothing was drawn it would appear.

Alan
It wasn't plugged in and I agree it looked like it took nothing out of the battery. I'm just surprised by the consumption, I haven't seen anything over 4 since I got the car....and I have been checking quite a lot as I routinely get 4+ in my current (soon to be ex-) EV

I had a couple of test drives in the ID3 as it was the obvious next step after my eGolf but was very underwhelmed, it felt like a step back which was a big surprise, price also put me off.
Yeah I know what you mean, the Golf MK7 was beautifully built and put together ( got one as our second car ) but in the ID 3 they made it feel “funky / new “ but using cheap materials and have the cheek charge way more.

Don’t get me wrong if it was the same price or £1k more than the MG4 then I would probably have one on my drive as I like VW’s support network ( pretty much any part is instant or next day delivery, loads of garages are familiar with the brand and the common issues etc )

I've just had this message... Looks like it's an ambient temperature thing.

Attachments

• DSC_1328.JPG
    DSC_1328.JPG
    156.5 KB · Views: 309
It was about 10 degrees last night in Stoke.
No idea what it does, I clicked cancel until I know more. I don't want it hearing the battery up in the morning, using power when I don't need to go anywhere!

It was about 10 degrees last night in Stoke.
No idea what it does, I clicked cancel until I know more. I don't want it hearing the battery up in the morning, using power when I don't need to go anywhere!
Below 10 degrees sounds about right with me also. I’ve seen it a few times early in the morning and only allowed it to turn on once. Not really sure it did much but probably easier to do some tests when it gets properly cold and battery performance starts to drop off

It should not need to heat at 10 degrees in my opinion. As stated it would be good to know the parameters! Mine currently starts at 0 to minus 5 and switches off at either + 5 or 10 depending on settings

Alan

Had the enable message pop up this morning and said ok, drove off as normal and got to work. Because PHEVs were taking up the work spots I couldn't charge to till a few hours later.

By then the car was at ambient and when I plugged in it gave an error about over heating and refused to charge (these are AC points). Checking the MG app it took a few attempts to start charging because of of this over heating.

So if the intelligent battery heater is stopping me charging might be worth having it off?

Was the overheating message in the app? This seems to be a message that's always present since the app was updated yesterday and not a true message, even when all is nice and cool it displays.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 535 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back