BLACK SCREEN on startup

FLANEUSE

Novice Member
Reaction score
I've had my MG4 Excite 51 for a few days. After an overnight charge, the screen was black at startup. I panicked. But I could still drive it. After my first stop, when I switched it on again, it came to life. Phew.

It happens occasionally. I have the day/night display set to auto and it sometimes gets a bit confused as it thinks it is night when the car is in the garage and will change to day setting when I reverse out and on a few occasions it has gone completely black.

This may be due to driving off before all of the systems have fully booted. I wait a minute or 2 then just press the home button & it fixes itself.

This has happened a few times to the infotainment screen on my car and to bring it back to life, I just reset it by pressing and holding the physical home button underneath the screen for ten seconds.

It happens occasionally. I have the day/night display set to auto and it sometimes gets a bit confused as it thinks it is night when the car is in the garage and will change to day setting when I reverse out and on a few occasions it has gone completely black.

This may be due to driving off before all of the systems have fully booted. I wait a minute or 2 then just press the home button & it fixes itself.
Or set it to dark or light mode instead of auto.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 506 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back