Bluetooth bug, pairing constantly

Bizarrely it comes and goes for me. One day I'll get a batch of new pairs and then it'll be fine for a week. I cant see anything different happening when it occurs.
I've also set my infotainment screen to stay on night mode and this stops the prompts for 'synchronise contacts' which was happening every time the screen transitioned between day/night.

I turned on bluetooth while I was on my drive and although it didn't see my phone it did see the soundbar under the TV 🤔

Bizarrely it comes and goes for me. One day I'll get a batch of new pairs and then it'll be fine for a week. I cant see anything different happening when it occurs.
I've also set my infotainment screen to stay on night mode and this stops the prompts for 'synchronise contacts' which was happening every time the screen transitioned between day/night.
Mine is exactly the same , can work fine for a week. I thought I'd found a solution by not putting my foot on the brake pedal until Bluetooth had connected, but it was just going through a good spell and went back to it's old ways and forgot to pair. I also always use the dark screen , just prefer the look tbh. Use dark mode on my phone too. (Old eyes!).

I booked my Trophy into the dealer's today with 'the usual list' of bugs and suggesting they incorporate all upgrades they have (I didn't specifically mention R24 > R33). The only fix they could offer was for LKA and they were unaware of any reports of the other issues (including loss of bluetooth pairing). It's dishonesty like this that leaves a very bad taste.

Same pairing problem with my Galaxy Z Fold 4, shall I take it back to the MG4 Dealer?

Still have this problem it’s not always every day sometimes it goes 3-4 days without an issue, trying to find any linked situation to make this happen . On one occasion I tried using the ismart app with the car locked which failed ,, on unlocking the car afterwards message came up please pair phone I am on R33 my dealer said he never heard of this before ?. I sent him a link to this thread

I reported it to my dealer and they told me that it's all the phones that are the problem (!)

One good question is whether this issue affects all models. There is a suggestion above it may only be Trophy software (like mine) affected.

Does anyone who has this bluetooth dropping problem have an SE?

I reported it to my dealer and they told me that it's all the phones that are the problem (!)

One good question is whether this issue affects all models. There is a suggestion above it may only be Trophy software (like mine) affected.

Does anyone who has this bluetooth dropping problem have an SE?
I also think it's a Trophy problem unless anyone knows different? Saying it's the phones is ridiculous. I would have asked which phones work then ? Lots of people have this issue, as usual MG are trying to pretend there's nothing wrong.

If thats the case what phones are compatible I have tried with iphone13, iPhone 11 and Samsung galaxy s20… and experience the same problem with each.
I COULDNT BLUETOOTH TO ANY OF OUR 2 IPADS, 2 IPHONES, NOR A MACBOOK. THE DEALERSHIP COULDNT SOLVE IT AND THE ONLY WAY I GOT ANY TECH TO CONNECT WAS BUYING A NEW IPHONE ! >:-(

I COULDNT BLUETOOTH TO ANY OF OUR 2 IPADS, 2 IPHONES, NOR A MACBOOK. THE DEALERSHIP COULDNT SOLVE IT AND THE ONLY WAY I GOT ANY TECH TO CONNECT WAS BUYING A NEW IPHONE ! >:-(
Apple car play is available on all iPhone models beginning with iPhone 5 running iOS 7.1 or later. I guess your iPads etc. were running earlier versions of the iOS

I also think it's a Trophy problem unless anyone knows different? Saying it's the phones is ridiculous. I would have asked which phones work then ? Lots of people have this issue, as usual MG are trying to pretend there's nothing wrong.
I had the same issue with Bluetooth and my trophy which is only a week old. I am used to Bluetooth automatically connecting when I drive but for some reason the trophy was funding it hard to pair with my iPhone 13.

What I've done is change the Bluetooth display name from "MG" to "MGBtttt" and have forgotten the old Bluetooth pair from my iPhone.

So far so good but I'm not holding my breath.

If anyone has come up with a certain way to get their phone to automatically pair with their trophy then I'd love to hear about it.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 502 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back