Bluetooth bug, pairing constantly

Driving me mad - had to re-pair iPhone 3 times yesterday - sometimes iPhone does not get the pairing code from my MG4 screen - must be a major software problem - do I need to go to the secret menu - if so how is this done please ??
Secret menu doesn't do anything for this issue. Generally I wouldn't mess around in there, just in case.

Thread here about it but again, I wouldn't go messing around in there as you could brick your car

FWIW Bluetooth has been rock solid so far in my SE SR ... I've never had to re-pair my phone since I first did it (when collecting the car from the dealer).

It works reliably for me, occasionally reboots but is up again within 10 seconds.

Are you saying it fails to connect? I haven't had that problem with two different phones.

Are you on the latest iOS?
yes all tech running ios 16 + solved it by buying a new iPhone. Ho Hum.

iOS 16.4.1(a) on my iPhone - it shows the phone on blutooth but keeps asking to pair neatly every time I start the car !!

Took this up with Apple iPhone yesterday and they made some suggestions but are taking it to a higher tech level and will come back next week - this is the current messsge :-

1 If CarPlay doesn't activate automatically, look for the CarPlay logo on your car's display and select it.
2 Restart your iPhone and your car.
3 Use Siri on all your Apple devices.
4 If your iPhone isn't detected by CarPlay, make sure that CarPlay isn't restricted. Go to Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions. If Content & Privacy Restrictions is on, tap Allowed Apps, and make sure that CarPlay is enabled.
5 Go to Settings > General > CarPlay, tap your car, then tap Forget This Car. Use CarPlay with your iPhone.
6 Make sure that your CarPlay stereo is using the latest firmware from the car manufacturer. Check your car's manual for more information.

Hi All, I have had constant bluetooth pairing issues with my 7 week old Trophy.
I got the below from my helpful dealer today which sounds promising...

"I have spoken to our workshop and they said they do now have a software update for the Trophy model for bluetooth issues."

Hi All, I have had constant bluetooth pairing issues with my 7 week old Trophy.
I got the below from my helpful dealer today which sounds promising...

"I have spoken to our workshop and they said they do now have a software update for the Trophy model for bluetooth issues."
Hiya, did they tell you what version that is? I recently had my infotainment updated from R30 to R33 and pretty much asks me to repair every drivecycle, which is quite annoying. If I go via the android auto route, it's connecting straight away.

iOS 16.4.1(a) on my iPhone - it shows the phone on blutooth but keeps asking to pair neatly every time I start the car !!
Same issue with my iPhone. I have to forget the mg Bluetooth from my phone then connect it back again. Annoying.

Update from MG...

Thank you for your further correspondence.

I can confirm that the update has now been launched and is ready to be uploaded via our dealer network.

This should rectify the mentioned issue with Bluetooth and rectify concerns with Apple/Android car play.

Regards

Customer Experience Manager

Aftersales

MG Motor UK Limited, Lowhill Lane, Longbridge, Birmingham, B31 2BQ

Same issue with my iPhone. I have to forget the mg Bluetooth from my phone then connect it back again. Annoying.
It’s R46 the update - but then there’s another to solve the star button on left hand side of steering wheel !!

Body control module and gateway module were updated but still left hand star button did not work so a new software folder of R46 was downloaded from MG and installed and now there are some changes to the screen but left hand star button does work ok - the dealer thought that the first R46 software folder had not downloaded properly - they then have to create folders in the cars software then close and lock the car for 10 mins for it to settle !!!

Since 3 weeks I have a Luxury LR Phase 2 with R40 software on it and I'm seeing the same behavior. 3 times in 3 weeks I've had to pair again. Changed the name and was solid for 10 days or so but today it did the pairing request again. I asked the dealer about it and he said I have to contact the workshop and show them the problem when I was with them otherwise it's a "user error" and not a software issue... From time to time my bluetooth music doesn't give sound. Then I go to radio, adjust the volume to start the radiochannel and change back to BT to get sound. Does R46 resolves BT issues with people here?

Since 3 weeks I have a Luxury LR Phase 2 with R40 software on it and I'm seeing the same behavior. 3 times in 3 weeks I've had to pair again. Changed the name and was solid for 10 days or so but today it did the pairing request again. I asked the dealer about it and he said I have to contact the workshop and show them the problem when I was with them otherwise it's a "user error" and not a software issue... From time to time my bluetooth music doesn't give sound. Then I go to radio, adjust the volume to start the radiochannel and change back to BT to get sound. Does R46 resolves BT issues with people here?
Yes, R46 resolves the bluetooth issues. I had the same problem as you. Went to R33 from what I was given and didnt work. MG eventually let the dealer have the R46 software to apply and it resolved the issue

Thanks for the reply. Next week I'm in with a steering wheel issue, I'll try to persuade them to do the update otherwise I'll go through MG HQ.

MG HQ will simply direct you back to the dealer - they won't offer any resolution. (At least that's the experience in the UK - maybe MG Belgium are different).

Same here on a an R40 infotainment software car. Stays connected for quite a few weeks then randomly keeps dropping connection almosy daily and then will stay connected again for weeks 🤷‍♂️. Also "voice" dialling a named contact on my contact list results in the wrong contact being rung !! Luckily I don't use the phone much.

Yeah I have the same behavior. A tip: don't pair it again. When the pair message pops up I press the home button and restart the tablet, after that it works normally with the old pair

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 501 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back