BMS update-Computer says “No”

OK so can anybody confirm wthether their dealer has received the BMS fix yet... I cannot go on much longer with this reduced range

This was posted on Facebook in the last day or do:

The Israeli Dealer Customer Service Official Message, received via WhatsApp earlier today, Regarding Battery Range:

Good afternoon, following inquiries regarding battery range, it is important for us to update you with the following information:

“As a result of an inaccurate algorithm in the software installed in the vehicles on specific dates, an imbalance was created between the battery cells.

In practice - the battery management computer detects and stops charging when the first cell reaches maximum charge and sets this mode to about 100% charge

As a result, over time and depending on the nature of use and charging, a greater imbalance is created between the cells that the battery management computer did not correctly detect and did not reduce, which actually resulted in a reduction in the amount of energy the battery contains after a full charge and a reduction in the possible range of travel.

The update received from the manufacturer, and tested by us, updates the software of the battery management computer (BMS) and performs a slow procedure of balancing cells while using the vehicle and at the end of charging until reaching an optimal state.

The length of time it will take to reach the ideal balance varies and depends on the condition of the cell balance before the update, the nature and duration of use of the vehicle and charging each day. It is therefore necessary to coordinate an orderly appointment and examine the alternatives to the solution until the end of the treatment.”
Am I reading this right and they are implying that the update may take a very long time to apply to a car?

Reads to me that the "bug" causes a gradual degradation of range. When the fix is applied it then takes a number of battery drain/re-charge to regain full battery capacity.

Surprising that the dealer is undertaking that for the customer though.

All charged mine last night and this morning I had 454 volts, it may have lots a little overnight or perhaps I lost a little battery capacity over the 13,000 miles which isn’t so bad as degradation compared to other EV car makers...
I think Mike Proctor said he’d also only lost 1% over a year and 12,000 miles too.
Hi @Mark Holmes. Am I reading that right? A range of 191 miles???

Hi @Mark Holmes. Am I reading that right? A range of 191 miles???
Yes, but I don’t get that on a normal run in the summer and with my driving style I get about 173 miles on a run and about 215 in town. In the cold at 2 degrees I was lucky to get 2.8 to 2.9 miles per KWh, but today I managed 3.8 on a run with heating on the 2nd blob in ECO mode.

Yes, but I don’t get that on a normal run in the summer and with my driving style I get about 173 miles on a run and about 215 in town. In the cold at 2 degrees I was lucky to get 2.8 to 2.9 miles per KWh, but today I managed 3.8 on a run with heating on the 2nd blob in ECO mode.
Hi Mark
This is the ZS ev forum so a bit confused, are you commenting on the MG5?

Yes, I though you
No I have a ZS EV Exclusive in black and have so since March 2020.
Yes, I thought you had but then you had a 5 as well.

Still 175 miles on a run and 215 in town is rather excellent driving over the 163. I wonder what you could achieve in a MG5 with a 214 mile range?
Maybe it would be cheaper for me to employ you to drive for me :)

Yes, I though you

Yes, I thought you had but then you had a 5 as well.

Still 175 miles on a run and 215 in town is rather excellent driving over the 163. I wonder what you could achieve in a MG5 with a 214 mile range?
Maybe it would be cheaper for me to employ you to drive for me :)
These are summer figures though....not winter figures..

I heard the update has now been released, going in the Facebook group I'm on. My car was supposed to have the BMS update done before I collected but it evidently wasn't. I'm getting it done in a couple of weeks.

I heard the update has now been released, going in the Facebook group I'm on. My car was supposed to have the BMS update done before I collected but it evidently wasn't. I'm getting it done in a couple of weeks.

Second item.
For Nick Marshall on the youtube chat that came last second, this update hasn't got an SA code but @MilesperkWh have given this reference code: AS-21-011

Good afternoon.
I have attached fill photos to show what is happening with my ZS EV.
Last night I put on charge with 6% battery, 9 miles range left.
Next morning, after 10 hours connected on a 7kw charger, battery 100% and battery equalisation finished, the HV battery onlycharged 36.37kWh and the battery voltage show 441V.
My car have the first service in December with fill updates done, after the updates this is what is happening and I notice the regeneration is more smoothly the before the updates, even with the full battery, I can feel the regeneration, but I think is something wrong.
20210204_201653.jpg
20210204_203930.jpg
20210205_063517.jpg
Screenshot_20210205-102538_bp pulse.jpg

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom