Boot Liner - Anyone bought one and recommend?

I'm currently in the middle of fitting the seat covers I got. They'll look like this when I've finished.

1687380892807.png

I haven't done the back seats yet but I see the covers for the back go right over the seats, protecting the seat back too. This makes these options where the boot liner goes right up the back of the seats less attractive. And it looks as if this option on the link you posted would match the seat covers very well.

1687381011792.png

At least I got the front seats done this afternoon, as I have to take the cat for his vaccination tomorrow morning and if he pees in the car (it has happened) these covers will be a lot easier to clean up than absorbent fabric.

Back in 1985 when I bought my first car one of the options I considered was the MG Metro. A big reason I didn't go for it was the shape of the boot/load bed. There was a big dip down to the floor of the boot, and then the backs of the rear seats sat very much higher than the floor. I went for a Fiesta instead.

Damn, MG got me in the end. The SE boot is pretty much what I didn't like in the Metro. Except, in the bigger car, with four doors, it doesn't matter so much.

That's the one I was discussing with the seller about it fitting the SE. I like it.

1687387124918.png
But the new seat covers I've got cover the backs of the rear seats, so with that in mind it may not atually be suitable. I need to fit the rear seat covers and see what they look like though.

Please keep us posted!

In the boot i used interlocking playmats cut to size (i.e screwfix 338PV) + Aliexpress in the car

Total cost for both was around £160

Attachments

• IMG_4939.PNG
    IMG_4939.PNG
    2.3 MB · Views: 103
  • IMG_4938.PNG
    IMG_4938.PNG
    1.2 MB · Views: 117
If anyone is interested carmats.co.uk are bringing out a new boot liner.

I received an email from them a couple of days ago asking if I would be willing to test it out for them. I obviously said yes and I am waiting for it to be made and delivered.

All I know at the moment is that it will be the same grade of carpet as my interior mats and will have the matching blue trim. As I have the Trophy I am getting two mats - one for the upper level and one for the lower level.

I will post pictures when I receive them.

IMG_5048.jpeg

Overkill is underrated.
I opted for the full one and whilst vacuuming out the glass to drive to the replacement tomorrow I remembered this had arrived and I had a quick go at fitting it.

Won’t be to everyone’s taste but it’s only seen when the boot is open and it’s handy for the little doggo.
Will see how it wears but I’m pleased so far.

Looks great.

In a thread on floor mats someone found this.

It is a bundled set of floor mats and boot liner. I just finished fitting mine this afternoon and the package is excellent. The mats are made of flexible plastic, and were designed by scanning the footwells and boot. The fit is excellent and the mats cover the entire floor area with raised lips to contain the mud and stones. Perfect for winter.

This bundle is for the SE. They say the pieces don't fit Trophy models, and for sure the boot floor liner will not, but I thought the footwells were the same in both models.

Looks great.

In a thread on floor mats someone found this.

It is a bundled set of floor mats and boot liner. I just finished fitting mine this afternoon and the package is excellent. The mats are made of flexible plastic, and were designed by scanning the footwells and boot. The fit is excellent and the mats cover the entire floor area with raised lips to contain the mud and stones. Perfect for winter.

This bundle is for the SE. They say the pieces don't fit Trophy models, and for sure the boot floor liner will not, but I thought the footwells were the same in both models.
I bought the mats only, and confirm they fit the trophy perfectly. Like you, my first impressions are that they’re very well designed, and overall way higher quality and function than the OEM ones.

I'm very pleased with them. I may well go back to the MG carpet mats in the summer, but for the weather as it is going now, these are much better. I'm very glad to have the boot liner too, as I suspect it may be the only one that's a reliable fit for the SE.

I'm due to pick up my Trophy next week and have already bought generic car mats - in advance of true MG4 ones becoming more widely available. I would also like to get a boot liner. Has anyone bought one and can confirm the fit?
I have used The Hatchbag Company for all of my cars for over 20 years. Not cheap, but the fit and quality are excellent. Tailor made to fit your vehicle. https://www.hatchbag.co.uk/?gclid=C...5a8Bo4svDjsuIvu8aIfFwDh1EnOfIJPRoCKuEQAvD_BwE

I'm very pleased with them. I may well go back to the MG carpet mats in the summer, but for the weather as it is going now, these are much better. I'm very glad to have the boot liner too, as I suspect it may be the only one that's a reliable fit for the SE.
I won't go back to the original carpets. The EVfloormats we got are just superb. They actually lift the look of the interior, especially the rear well for some reason feels more upmarket.
The boot liner is just a perfect fit. The rear seat back protectors are definitely not a must have, unless taking stuff to the tip or loading items from ikea. for example.

I'll see how I feel in the spring/summer. The EVfloormats are absolutely great and a perfect fit, but they're still hard plastic rather than soft carpet. I like the feel of a carpet interior, but it's just not practical in the winter. I also don't trust the MG carpets to be as hard-wearing as my Golf's were. The protection the EVfloormats are giving to the fitted carpet floors is absolutely fantastic.

My set of EVfloormats are doing a great job of protecting the shed! Along with mudflaps, matte screen protectors and a central armrest tray! Did have a type 2 charge cable but returned that. Just need the bloomin car 😡

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 510 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back