BP Chargemaster - Timed Charging issues

Latest Battery Management Software (BMS) update that allows doors to be charged when unlocked and apparently also timed charging came out in February. The BMS update that came out in January is allegedly faulty and is no longer installed.

None of this is of value to me as I have a BP Chargemaster charger which will not do a timer charge under any circumstances.

Is there anyone out there that can prove me wrong on the timer issue?
Nope you are absolutely correct BP Chargemaster will NOT do a scheduled charge no matter what they say. They have changed my unit completely and the new one still doesn't schedule. Signal and app all set up and working great but the unit is a Dumb charger only. BP's cure is to fit a manual TIMER but only works if you have an older unit apparently it cant be fitted to a newer unit`???

Nope you are absolutely correct BP Chargemaster will NOT do a scheduled charge no matter what they say. They have changed my unit completely and the new one still doesn't schedule. Signal and app all set up and working great but the unit is a Dumb charger only. BP's cure is to fit a manual TIMER but only works if you have an older unit apparently it cant be fitted to a newer unit`???
Being a fossil fuel company, their hearts not really in it to produce decent EV equipment.

Since my last post on this subject BP Chargemaster have undertaken work on their software in July to October of 2021. My unit still occasionally locks up, failing to communicate (or charge in some instances) but in the majority of cases it now correctly charges and (where relevant) stops on schedule. Where the device locks up it requires a power off reset to bring it back to life. The apps are still ‘flakey’ but they eventually catch-up.

The BP smart charger IS capable of charging the ZS EV on a schedule. I haven’t tried a scheduled charge with the doors unlocked but the car does charge with the doors unlocked off schedule. The vehicle had all relevant software updated on its last service in February 2021.

My standard schedule is set to start at 00:30 and to end at 12:30. It can take up to 15 minutes for the charger to communicate with the server, so actual start stop times may vary by that tolerance. The reason for the late stop time is to ensure that equalisation isn’t interrupted. Charging generally stops around 05:30 (35kw) and equalisation (low drain charging) ends around 08:30.

If you still have problems, escalate it with BP Chargemaster. There IS a solution unless you don’t have EE mobile coverage in your area.

I hope this helps

Hi due to higher tariffs I started to us the schedule and advances schedule setting, but they have never worked and can’t get them to.
My BP Chargemaster Version 1.0.5 was installed in Nov 2020, just discovered that in June 2020 a Smart charge App V1.1 came out, so I have know idea why I got the old version.
Having deleted the old App, then installed V1.1, i set a test schedule, followed by switching off the charger to delete data?and closed the new App, now the test,
Before the test schedule could be done, upon reopening the V1.1 App the display on my iPhone came back as V1.0.5, needless to say it did not work.

Any ideas, sorry for the lengthy question/

To all on this string. I have had my Chargemaster since 21. worked ok with Tesla but doesn't like my MG5 EV. Chargemaster a bit clueless. Should I just swap to a nother charger?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom