BT music issue

Grumpy

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Getting a weird issue on my Trophy LR. I have paired my Samsung phone without any issues however when I'm listening to a radio station and a text or WhatsApp message is received it switches the radio setting to BT Music. It's annoying if you are following a thread as it keeps interrupting the radio and requires a manual reset.
If I receive a phone call, it overrides the radio correctly and when hanging up reverts back to the radio.
The dealership is just as flummoxed, managed to demonstrate the issue to prove that it wasn't me.
Has anyone else had this issue.

Does the same in Android auto every time it gives a route warning or safety camera alert, sometimes I can get the radio back by pressing the source button on the wheel. Again using a Samsung just in case it is a common theme.

Getting a weird issue on my Trophy LR. I have paired my Samsung phone without any issues however when I'm listening to a radio station and a text or WhatsApp message is received it switches the radio setting to BT Music. It's annoying if you are following a thread as it keeps interrupting the radio and requires a manual reset.
If I receive a phone call, it overrides the radio correctly and when hanging up reverts back to the radio.
The dealership is just as flummoxed, managed to demonstrate the issue to prove that it wasn't me.
Has anyone else had this issue.
Yep I'm having the same issue. I have an old s7 edge.

Does the same in Android auto every time it gives a route warning or safety camera alert, sometimes I can get the radio back by pressing the source button on the wheel. Again using a Samsung just in case it is a common theme.
Yes me also.

My fix was to uncheck media audio in the bluetooth setting under connected saic device on the phone in Bluetooth settings.

My fix was to uncheck media audio in the bluetooth setting under connected saic device on the phone in Bluetooth settings.
I need to give this a go and see if it fixes it.

I have had a look and there are no settings to configure for the SAIC connection on the phone unlike the other Bluetooth connections.

Last edited:
I need to give this a go and see if it fixes it.

I have had a look and there are no settings to configure for the SAIC connection on the phone unlike the other Bluetooth connections.
Fixed mine by making sure my phone was connected to the car and went to the settings icon against the car and switched off Bluetooth audio. This didn't affect the phone connection but prevents email and WhatsApp messages from sending an audio request that confuses the system. So far no repeat of the problem after a week.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom