BT music not playing.

Mike Cornwall

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Anybody else have this problem?
When phone not plugged in I have no problems playing music from my phone.
Once plugged in whether I'm using android auto or not the music will play for 1/2 a second and stop. But it will play the radio ok.
Unfortunately I can't use the wireless charging pad as it cooks my phone.
I have a Oneplus 9.
Also I find it annoying that ever time you start the car you have to scroll across the home screen and select radio to start the radio or am I missing something? And then when when you stop the car the radio stays on, surly this should be the other way round.
Apart from that I absolutely love the car.
Oh except it does attract cricket balls. Been driving my car to cricket matches for over 35 years, car 10 days old, parked up must have been 90 yards away and it got hit causing a small dent just under the mirror!! I'm an umpire now, I don't fancy the lad who did it will last very long next time I umpire him, lol!!!

Anybody else have this problem?
When phone not plugged in I have no problems playing music from my phone.
Once plugged in whether I'm using android auto or not the music will play for 1/2 a second and stop. But it will play the radio ok.
Unfortunately I can't use the wireless charging pad as it cooks my phone.
I have a Oneplus 9.
Also I find it annoying that ever time you start the car you have to scroll across the home screen and select radio to start the radio or am I missing something? And then when when you stop the car the radio stays on, surly this should be the other way round.
Apart from that I absolutely love the car.
Oh except it does attract cricket balls. Been driving my car to cricket matches for over 35 years, car 10 days old, parked up must have been 90 yards away and it got hit causing a small dent just under the mirror!! I'm an umpire now, I don't fancy the lad who did it will last very long next time I umpire him, lol!!!
Happens a lot to me... unplug the phone and plug it back in. Make sure that the infotainment system has fully booted up before plugging in your phone for AA or CP (as it will default to that instead of BT when plugged in)

Radio will stay on for 10 minutes when you stop the car, unless you get out and lock the car then it will shut off then.

Happens a lot to me... unplug the phone and plug it back in. Make sure that the infotainment system has fully booted up before plugging in your phone for AA or CP (as it will default to that instead of BT when plugged in)

Radio will stay on for 10 minutes when you stop the car, unless you get out and lock the car then it will shut off then.
Plugged in and out lots of times even when it's been on for 1/2 hour.

I know the radio does turn itself off and you can turn off by holding down the home button or locking the car. Just seems silly you may to this and even more silly what you have to do to turn it on.

The android auto interface is probably one of the most buggy ones I have tried from numerous manufacturers, I haven't tried CarPlay so don't know if Apple's offering is any better on the MG or not.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom