Can i take my Wallbox EV charger when i move home?

That's really poor in both cases. Yet another reason not to want "smart" kit.

So I'll just get a new one, not worth the hassle and my business will be paying for it. Bit silly that as a person I can't but as a business I can.
The grant for home owners was dropped a while back now, but it is still available for certain groups like land lords and business owners.
The government had decided that they had gifted enough funds for wall boxes, and then EV's !.

So I'll just get a new one, not worth the hassle and my business will be paying for it. Bit silly that as a person I can't but as a business I can.
Did you get proper legal advice, or did you find you could get a new one first?

Did you get proper legal advice, or did you find you could get a new one first?
No I called the company who installed it were there any rules around taking it with me, they said no, I could pay them about £350 to remove it and reinstall if i wanted.

Then I asked about the grant and she informed me if I work from home and its my registered business address I'm entitled to the grant. So for £500 I can just get another one installed.

Always have a blue industrial 32 amp plug and socket inserted in the supply to your wallbox at the time of fitting, you can then unplug it and remove it. Have a 32amp socket fitted at your new house and just plug it in. Anything permanently wired is supposed to stay.

Attachments

• 1B7A4F09-3395-42FB-AEC5-FEFAA09A20F6.jpeg
    1B7A4F09-3395-42FB-AEC5-FEFAA09A20F6.jpeg
    95.9 KB · Views: 74
So I'm moving in September, had the charger just over a year. Can I just get an electrician to remove it and install in my new address? I bought it under the grant scheme through EVSolutions company. Id get another one there but theyre not doing the grant anymore are they unless you live in a flat or youre a tenant i think. Thanks
My understanding is that anything that is permanently fixed to the house (screwed / nailed etc) is deemed to be fixtures and fittings, and therefore included in the price of the house unless you specifically state in the sale that it will be removed and is not included. It would certainly not be right to allow a prospective buyer to be attracted to buying your house in part because it has a home charger, or for them to find out it has been removed only after they move in. You could of course agree a price to include the home charger if you want to avoid the cost of removal ( which I would recommend being done by a qualified electrician who is experienced with home chargers ). You also need to be aware of the new legislation that new installations now have to have a smart charger, so it is possible that a genuinely qualified home charger installer would refuse to fit a charger that did not meet current legislation.

You would be surprised what people take. Previous owner said they would take the curtains, they actually took all the poles fixtures too. Didn't take their bloody fleas with them though!

I would leave and start over. Just bake it into the cost. As I said earlier, new occupants will likely have to pay a fee to connect the smart functionality back up, similar to hive and other smart kit.

Not with the hassle. A new charge point can be bought for less than £400.
You will also need to contact your electricity supplier and the local distributor network in accordance with the certificates issued with your installation.
Your buyer will also want a safety certificate to prove it was removed by a certified electrician and that the existing supply has not been compromised and the modifications of your curcuits meets the current legal requirements.

Funny isn't it how we get things fixed in our heads as to what is right and what isn't, me included, however because of this discussion I have discovered that legally the vendor is not obliged to leave any fixtures or fittings in the house and futhermore there is no legal definition for fixtures and fittings.

You are bound by the Standard Conditions of Sale that will be used when your Solicitor draws up the contract with your buyer. You have to leave all fixtures and fittings unless items are specifically excluded in the contract.

You are bound by the Standard Conditions of Sale that will be used when your Solicitor draws up the contract with your buyer. You have to leave all fixtures and fittings unless items are specifically excluded in the contract.
Yes you have to leave all items you say you will leave on that list.

That just covers how the sale happens.

The Standard Conditions of Sale are the standard set of terms that set out how the sale of a property actually happens.

The Conditions specify critical parts of the conveyancing process, including:

• When and how the exchange of contracts takes place
  • The amount of the deposit paid at the point of exchange (usually 10% of the agreed sale price).
  • Legal obligations on the seller, e.g. to sell the home "free from encumberances" such as a mortgage
  • Legal obligations on the buyer, e.g. that the buyer is responsible for the property from the date of exchange (and should therefore have buildings insurance from this date)
As said above, just add the price of a new charger install onto the sale price.

When we bought our present house in 1982 we viewed it empty,
The previous occupants had already moved on.
There was not really anything left inside the house on viewing day.
The sale went through, with a few problems sorted ( as is the norm ).
It was late when received the keys and it was in November.
When I entered the kitchen and flicked on the light over where the kitchen table would go, it did not light.
So, I turned on the main light in the kitchen.
Looking back, expecting the bulb to be missing from the holder.
No !.
There had been a fancy light fitting in the house when we viewed it, not to our taste, but it was there !.
Not now !.
Just a bunch of wires hanging through the ceiling !.
That is how it was left honestly !.
The conductors had just been parted to prevent it from blowing the protection fuse.
This would not happen today of course.

When we bought our present house in 1982 we viewed it empty,
The previous occupants had already moved on.
There was not really anything left inside the house on viewing day.
The sale went through, with a few problems sorted ( as is the norm ).
It was late when received the keys and it was in November.
When I entered the kitchen and flicked on the light over where the kitchen table would go, it did not light.
So, I turned on the main light in the kitchen.
Looking back, expecting the bulb to be missing from the holder.
No !.
There had been a fancy light fitting in the house when we viewed it, not to our taste, but it was there !.
Not now !.
Just a bunch of wires hanging through the ceiling !.
That is how it was left honestly !.
The conductors had just been parted to prevent it from blowing the protection fuse.
This would not happen today of course.
Course not! 😁

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom