Car alarm goes off after locking car with door button

Ninjageek

Standard Member
Reaction score
Only started to happen recently. It doesn’t happen all the time so hard to replicate but I’ll lock the car using the button on the door handle and seconds later the car alarm will go off. Felt terrible after nearly giving an elderly lady a heart attack when parked in Tesco.

Anyone else experienced this?

if you press close again while the door is locked, the alarm will go off including the lighting.
you can also turn this off in the menu.

this handy option is, for example, if you are looking for your car in a parking garage

If your keys are in your pocket, it's quite easy for the lock or unlock button to be activated inadvertently.

Only started to happen recently. It doesn’t happen all the time so hard to replicate but I’ll lock the car using the button on the door handle and seconds later the car alarm will go off. Felt terrible after nearly giving an elderly lady a heart attack when parked in Tesco.

Anyone else experienced this?
Are all your doors shut properly ?

Do you sometimes leave the spare keys in the glovebox.? The same thing happened to me when I took the car in for a service, thinking that they might need both keys. It took the technician over half an hour to figure it out.
I've now learned a valuable lesson!!.

if you press close again while the door is locked, the alarm will go off including the lighting.
you can also turn this off in the menu.

this handy option is, for example, if you are looking for your car in a parking garage

I will look at this in the menu. Thank you

Do you sometimes leave the spare keys in the glovebox.? The same thing happened to me when I took the car in for a service, thinking that they might need both keys. It took the technician over half an hour to figure it out.
I've now learned a valuable lesson!!.
I do not. I have done before. The car wouldn’t lock and just beep it’s horn at me. This is when I do lock the car, walk away the alarm will then sound off seconds later :-(

If you try to lock the car before you have pressed the "stop" button, the horn will sound once as a reminder

We have this exact same issue. when we lock it (either by using the lock button in the wireless key, or by pressing the lock button on the drivers door) and then walk away, the alarm sounds about 30 seconds later and we need to then press the lock button again.. any tips on how we can avoid this happening?

It could be dependent on battery voltage?
If that were so, occurrence might be inconsistent.

Your black box would be my first port of call.
Ask your insurance company if you can temporarily remove it for fault-finding purposes because you think it's causing a malfunction on your car.

Just worth checking, is the 12 volt battery at its fully charged state ?.
You could check it with a volt meter.
If the battery state is to low, it could be triggering the alarm.
Is that black box pulling a demand ALL of the time ?.
Is it running down the 12 volt battery ?.
Even if the black box has a time delay before it closes down, the car could be detecting the drop in voltage and interpreting that as a attempted theft !.
Food for thought anyway ?.

AAAH! the above answers have answered my issue with not locking on the button. The work mechanics usually hang on to the spare key fobs, but after my flat battery issue the spare fob was left in the drivers folder stopping me locking the car with the button, trying to alert to me that the fob was in there!

I wondered why it kept prompting me to take the key!

AAAH! the above answers have answered my issue with not locking on the button. The work mechanics usually hang on to the spare key fobs, but after my flat battery issue the spare fob was left in the drivers folder stopping me locking the car with the button, trying to alert to me that the fob was in there!

I wondered why it kept prompting me to take the key!

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom