Car Cleaning Products

RichardC

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
I know that there are other threads on various aspects of car cleaning but I am particularly interested in what products people are using and how often you are cleaning your car.

I have started watching a few detailing videos on YouTube and in particular a couple, one is a Canadian guy called Pan and one is an English guy whose company is called Epic Automotive- I find them very interesting and useful.

I have started using Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions products which contain Graphene and/or Ceramic in them. I tend to order directly from the Turtle Wax website, postage is free and you can get next day delivery.

I bought a Bosch 110 jet wash but I have added a 15m hose so that I don’t need to move the jet wash, hose and power cable to the car. I also bought a short spray gun plus an MJJC pro 2 foam lance which is excellent.

I will be doing a deep clean on the car once a month then a maintenance clean every week. I have also done a waterless wash using Turtle wax’s Ceramic 3in 1 detailed spray.

I would be interested in hearing about other people’s routines.

Last edited:
Mjjc pro V2 foam lance with bilt hamber touchless foam for my weekly wash with zero hands on the car needed. Same routine as a pre wash for my monthly clean, followed my chemical guys supa suds cherry flavour getting in there with a wash mitten, thorough rinse followed by bilt hamber touch-on for a hydrophobic effect coating/protection

For a full deep clean (maybe once a month);

1. Washing - I use Turtle Wax Orange shampoo with the 2 bucket method when I hand wash - otherwise Simoniz Snow Foam and a Lance jet wash.

2. Drying - microfiber towels.

3. Fallout Remover (as necessary) - AutoGlym Magma Liquid Clay

4. Swirl/bird pap removal (as necessary) - Meguiars Ultimate Compound

5. Polishing - usually AutoGlym super Resin Polish Or High Definition Polish.

6. Waxing - Simoniz Carnauba Wax Original

Then maintenance washing about once a week, usually just step 1. And 2.

I just get a man in, I'm super lazy :ROFLMAO: I've applied RainX to it if that counts? :unsure:
I've always been interested in rain X but never bought any, does it work pretty well? I do a lot of motorway miles so road spray is a common issue which I 5hink is the reason I seem to go through wipers quite fast

I've always been interested in rain X but never bought any, does it work pretty well? I do a lot of motorway miles so road spray is a common issue which I 5hink is the reason I seem to go through wipers quite fast
I use it, water beads off the windows much better instead of pooling. It's very good for the rear window especially as it has no rear wiper.

It keeps your windows cleaner for longer too.

Sigh. I drive through a car wash when it gets to the point that seeds might germinate.

I loved my gold ("Blaze Yellow") Peugeot because amazingly that didn't show the dirt. The light blue is going to be hell.

Mjjc pro V2 foam lance with bilt hamber touchless foam for my weekly wash with zero hands on the car needed. Same routine as a pre wash for my monthly clean, followed my chemical guys supa suds cherry flavour getting in there with a wash mitten, thorough rinse followed by bilt hamber touch-on for a hydrophobic effect coating/protection
I don't know what most of this means but it sounds so good.

Autoglym Polar series for me, well the blast and the seal, I tend to wash it with Meguiars Gold Class Shampoo. I also use a G3 Pro clay mitt, which is great for removing more stubborn road rash.

Wax with Meguiars Ultimate Liquid Wax when it needs it - that wax is so easy to use, and can even be applied in direct sunlight too. Seems to last well and the Polar Seal helps give it a boost.

For the interior - Meguiars Quik Interior and a touch of Autoglym Autofresh on the carpets.

Citrus pre wash, blast that off.
Snow foam, sometimes I blast that off and then use a shampoo, sometimes I just use a wool mitt over the snow foam.
For de-tarring I use ‘tardis’
I don’t polish, I can’t be arsed with that, I find the snow foams and/or shampoos give enough shine and beading for a while.

I bought a Bosch 110 jet wash but I have added a 15m hose so that I don’t need to move the jet wash, hose and power cable to the car. I also bought a short spray gun plus an MJJC pro 2 foam lance which is excellent.
Is it the Bosch EasyAquatak 110 you have? I have just ordered the 120 version and I'm wondering what fitting the foam lance connector is?

Is it the Bosch EasyAquatak 110 you have? I have just ordered the 120 version and I'm wondering what fitting the foam lance connector is?
The Bosch connector is the same as the Nilfisk connector. I originally bought a Turtle Wax foam but it broke when I was inserting it into the lance. It was made of plastic so was not really up to the job.

I then bought a Meguiars foam lance which came with 3 different connectors and it worked fine.

However, I wanted to use a short gun lance and purchased this.

Amazon product ASIN B09BJR41CF
Unfortunately the Meguiars foam lance would not fit so I ended up buying an MJJC Pro 2 which is outstanding.

I also bought this 15m extension hose which fits really well.
Amazon product ASIN B08CV6P7KL
It means that I can keep the jet wash close to the water and electric supply so I only have the hose going to the car.

Rinse the dust off. Bucket and sponge, some car soap. Dry it with some towels.

Inside I use autoglym shampoo, fast glass and the vinyl care.

Shiny.

Last edited:
Rinse, shampoo, rinse, then either dry and paste wax (monthly) or Meguiars hybrid ceramic spray, rinse again as per instructions and dry.

Actually just to add, the best defence is offence! With it being a family car I have banned the use of anything that produces crumbs and also enforce the take your stuff back in the house with you routine. Stopping it before it happens makes it so much easier to keep clean!

Just need to work out how to repel insects and the outside will be easy too!

Oh yes and I have a duster! 😂

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 505 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel