[Car finally rejected] Recalcitrant Dealer

Didn’t take long for the ruling to come from MG finance, which was in my favour.
I’m due to get every penny I’ve paid back, although I’ve been warned it can take weeks.
Keep us updated how that goes.

MG Germany charged an extra "speedy delivery fee" of EUR 1000 for all cars delivered in 2022 for people to collect the higher government grant in 2022.

But in many cases the cars were delivered too late, but the "speed fee" had to be paid upfront.

According to the German Facebook group, no one has received their money back yet, although they are told by MG Finance that the sum had beed "advised".

Very curious how well it will work in your case.

The way MG and the dealer are looking at it is they are still in the first attempt phase as they have not given me the car back. Four attempts to fix it while they have had it counts as one attempt so they say.

Personally if im ever in your situation im holding on to my fully owned and paid for £29,300 car until i see the money in the bank.

You have less cash at risk taking the dump at the dealership approach on a PCP agreement

Yeah I’m ‘only’ around £2800 down until they pay up

The way MG and the dealer are looking at it is they are still in the first attempt phase as they have not given me the car back. Four attempts to fix it while they have had it counts as one attempt so they say.

Hmmm that’s an interesting one…
Do you have anything on email from them admitting their attempts are failing?
If so I’d be using that, a “first phase” of repair cannot go on indefinitely.
Either that or suggest a timeframe to give you the car back, say 2 weeks max.
Maybe rushing them will push things along to your benefit.
They’ll either have to admit they can’t fix it, or give you it back with a repair that will fail in your hands and that’s rejection sorted.

Hmmm that’s an interesting one…
Do you have anything on email from them admitting their attempts are failing?
If so I’d be using that, a “first phase” of repair cannot go on indefinitely.
Either that or suggest a timeframe to give you the car back, say 2 weeks max.
Maybe rushing them will push things along to your benefit.
They’ll either have to admit they can’t fix it, or give you it back with a repair that will fail in your hands and that’s rejection sorted.
Agreed. It isn't just what they count as an attempt, a fix needs to be delivered in a reasonable timescale and anything over a few weeks doesn't seem reasonable to me.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 504 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back