Car Froze unable to exit car!!

hope this is of help but you never need it
Thank the lord I got the hard copy of the hand book from Sloucher as I could have been sat outside in the cold for hours looking this up.

So on page 249 and 250 under the heading of
STARTING AND DRIVING we find these pages
View attachment 15465View attachment 15466
Took a while to find it Didn’t you look in the index I hear the shouts.
Well yes I did I didn’t see it no why because it is listed under
ALARM SYSTEMS
View attachment 15468
But the best laugh of all is I had no idea the MG4 has an exhaust but according to the handbook it sure has Not Joking says so here
View attachment 15470
Les
Really appreciate this Les.

How exactly did you break the window in case anyone is in the same position. Took the headrest off and used the metal struts to break the window, Quite efficient way actually!

So an update. Took the car back to the dealership (FG Barnes) with many apologies from them. Got to say, they have been very good up to now. Gave them the car (1178 miles on clock) but told them that I did not want the car back, I want a replacement. Either they give me a new MG4 Trophy (this has not put me off the car, just this particular vehicle) or all money back then would go elsewhere. Apparently, its gone to their legal department, personally I don't give a shit, as a Health & Safety Manager myself, I have risk assessed it and to me, its unsafe!!

We shall see what they offer, if not then will have to get the ombudsman involved but overall, exactly today had the car 4 weeks, been in the garage 4 times with 3 different faults. Shame, lovely car to drive and really like it.

Will keep you all informed of progress.

Lee

Oh by the way, video can be sent directly via whatsapp (not uploaded to you tube yet) if you DM me your number.

Can you say if the recall update was done or not?
Garage is dammed either way, either they just didn't do it and disregarded the recall or they did do it and it's another new issue.

So an update. Took the car back to the dealership (FG Barnes) with many apologies from them. Got to say, they have been very good up to now. Gave them the car (1178 miles on clock) but told them that I did not want the car back, I want a replacement. Either they give me a new MG4 Trophy (this has not put me off the car, just this particular vehicle) or all money back then would go elsewhere. Apparently, its gone to their legal department, personally I don't give a sh*t, as a Health & Safety Manager myself, I have risk assessed it and to me, its unsafe!!

We shall see what they offer, if not then will have to get the ombudsman involved but overall, exactly today had the car 4 weeks, been in the garage 4 times with 3 different faults. Shame, lovely car to drive and really like it.

Will keep you all informed of progress.

Lee

Oh by the way, video can be sent directly via whatsapp (not uploaded to you tube yet) if you DM me your number.
Its really easy to say all that and extremely time consuming and messy to go through a legal process.

Being an H+S manager i suspect carries no weight or fast track. You could be battling for months

And unless you find out if the recall is done or not you could end up in exactly the same scenario with another car if that hasnt been modified too!

If the car hasnt been repaired to the recall spec, then your risk of the car doing it again is low when its fixed.

If it HAS been updated then you are risking more of the same…..

Because people blame the dealers and MG are Teflon coated, nothing sticks they don't care

I hardly ever retransmit tosh, but every rule has its exception, stubbled on this story and immediately thought of this thread. I respect the seriousness of the OP's problem and wouldn't wish the situation on anyone.

Here you go, oh don't waste your time speculating on the make of EV, I think we can safely assume it's not one of the cheapest on the market and none of the gutter press revomits of this click bate have tried to identify it. All we need to know is it's the work of the devil, it's an EV

I hardly ever retransmit tosh, but every rule has its exception, stubbled on this story and immediately thought of this thread. I respect the seriousness of the OP's problem and wouldn't wish the situation on anyone.

Here you go, oh don't waste your time speculating on the make of EV, I think we can safely assume it's not one of the cheapest on the market and none of the gutter press revomits of this click bate have tried to identify it. All we need to know is it's the work of the devil, it's an EV

What a shame it does not mention the make or model of the car.
Les.

Right. They were locked in there for five hours. But one window was open and Vaughan was able to squeeze out. And it took him five hours to notice this? Not sure if this is the EXACT way this happened. 🤔

Bowfer has had a terrible experience, got a lemon with multiple problems and then had bad service trying to get it fixed. So not surprising he feels so strongly.

There are some others with a similar level of problems but not many. A larger group have been put off buying by hearing their stories.

The MG4 has had a lot of minor faults but not many new ones have been mentioned lately and the old ones are steadily getting fixed.

And you should know that these are not the typical experiences, there are many happy owners out there. It is just that they are not jumping up and down about it all the time.

Buying the latest thing is not without risk, if you expect perfection you'll be disappointed but if you want a great car and are prepared to put up with some issues, the MG4 could be for you.
The electrical circuits of a car must be made fail safe , not depending on software! if pwr is off contacts, relais and solenoids should be de-energized closed or de-energized open allowing proper exit or and by using an emergency switch, unlocking all doors. But solenoids and relays can fail, there should always be a mechanical way to overrule electrical failure. My car, not an MG, the doors are locked automatically if the speed reaches 10 miles and released when contact off, but can always be unlocked mechanically from the inside. Also the hood has a small mechanical switch making it possible to open the hood from the inside, even if it is locked. Impossible to lock someone inside the hood. Rear doors often have safety locks not allowing opening from the inside which may cause problems in an emergency. The MG4 has 5 stars for safety ?!

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 541 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back