Car less

Aquila

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
Sold my old car last week on the strength of my dealer telling me my car would be ready to collect early this week, still no sign of it arriving at the dealer's yet....so I'm busy sorting my waterproofs for my cycle to work tonight 18 miles round trip...I kinda of expected to be going tonight anyway but now it looks like all week at least 🙄😮‍💨

I was originally told 26-Oct, with the dealer expecting the car on 21-Oct. (Based on the date we both saw on the dealer's screen). Accordingly I had arranged for my company car to be collected on 28-Oct. By the time 26-Oct came about it was abundantly clear that the car wasn't going to arrive anytime soon so fortunately I was able to cancel the collection.

Still no word yet from the dealer re. ETA. 🙄

(I suspect the 21-Oct date on the dealer's screen was actually the boat dock date at Portbury, so the cars are still being processed before being distributed to the dealers).

I was originally told 26-Oct, with the dealer expecting the car on 21-Oct. (Based on the date we both saw on the dealer's screen). Accordingly I had arranged for my company car to be collected on 28-Oct. By the time 26-Oct came about it was abundantly clear that the car wasn't going to arrive anytime soon so fortunately I was able to cancel the collection.

Still no word yet from the dealer re. ETA. 🙄

(I suspect the 21-Oct date on the dealer's screen was actually the boat dock date at Portbury, so the cars are still being processed before being distributed to the dealers).
I think my car may of been on the same ship, whats more annoying is the car is registered now i have the vehicle reg and even managed to insure it today and the cars reg was on the insurance company's system

Interesting - I have the VIN but the dealer won't register it until they physically have it. (Or so they are saying, anyway. My dealer app - Arnold Clark - still just says "We're getting your details ready").

Sold my old car last week on the strength of my dealer telling me my car would be ready to collect early this week, still no sign of it arriving at the dealer's yet....so I'm busy sorting my waterproofs for my cycle to work tonight 18 miles round trip...I kinda of expected to be going tonight anyway but now it looks like all week at least 🙄😮‍💨
I've been in a similar situation. Fortunately, some very generous friends have lent me their car for this week, and I was on holiday last week. Car arrived at dealers today so I can collect on Saturday and it's all, just about, worked out. But won't trust dealers so lightly again!

I think my car may of been on the same ship, whats more annoying is the car is registered now i have the vehicle reg and even managed to insure it today and the cars reg was on the insurance company's system
... so it must be only another day or so - at least its keeping you fit!

Been in the same boat since early Sept when was told my Trophy would be at dealer in the next week ,sold my car to wbac and a week later the car turned up problem was a grey SE, was told my Trophy would be in in a couple of weeks no news then the 26th Oct still no show then the 28th Oct no show, November now still car less 😢

Been in the same boat since early Sept when was told my Trophy would be at dealer in the next week ,sold my car to wbac and a week later the car turned up problem was a grey SE, was told my Trophy would be in in a couple of weeks no news then the 26th Oct still no show then the 28th Oct no show, November now still car less 😢
Why would you release your old car before you have received your new one?

Why would you release your old car before you have received your new one?
Partly, because I thought the selling process would take longer than it did, and involve more communication. Partly because I wanted the money to buy the car so needed to sell before buying. I got an extra £700 by not part-exing.

Last edited:
Partly, because I thought the selling prices would take longer than it did, and involve more communication. Partly because I wanted the money to buy the car so needed to sell before buying. I got an extra £700 by not part-exing.
Same....I got an offer from motorpoint for my old car so good I didn't want to delay incase they changed their mind....£2147 more than I would of got px from the MG dealer.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 544 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back