Car won’t open and it seems 12v battery is dead

aquib99

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
Hello,
I’ve had my mg4 SR for 3 months nearly. I was quite poorly the last two days so never went outside to my car.

Today I tried to open my car with the fob to no response. I tried the manual key entry but that didn’t work either.

I assume the 12v battery died - my question is how do I now charge it? Is there a way to open the bonnet?

What didn't work with the manual key, do you mean the lock wouldn't turn ?
It is quite stiff.

Try the spare key, the original may be flat, even if you could just open the boot you can then manually open the charging port flap & topping up the car may also help the 12 V battery if that's gone flat

Last edited by a moderator:
Try the spare key, the original may be flat, even if you could just open the boot you can then manually open the charging port flap & topping up the car may also help the 12v battery if that's gone flat
I tried the spare as well but no response. I’ll try again when I’m home if not I guess a call to the AA tomorrow morning 🥲

Last edited by a moderator:
I was pushing hard and it would turn but nothing would happen? I felt like if I would turn harder something would snap?
This is the process for opening a ZS EV by using the emergency blade, if your 12 volt battery is flat.
I assume it will be a very similar process on the MG4.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 503 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back