CCS rapid charge issues on zs-any one else?

@Jamlam - did you get it fixed in the end as well?

We've had our new ZS EV for a few weeks, and after initially getting 8kWh out of a CCS on its first ever charge have never successfully gotten a CCS charge since, having now tried 5 chargepoints. What struck me is that we also only typically charge from home using the trickle mains-plug charger ('granny charger' 😆) overnight. I can't see any reason why that should be a factor, but I can't fail why it wouldn't work either.

Dreading a protracted to-and-fro with dealership, but hoping I can at least point them towards this thread and maybe also the solution @Andy Poole got through Wickwar.
Hi Andy, mine has worked ever since Wilcox sorted it but it was quite a journey to identify the problem. I would start with disconnecting the 12v and leaving for 20 minutes before reconnecting. If that doesn't sort it Wilcox may be able to advise your garage of choice what high voltage cables they disconnected and reconnected to sort. They will not tell you just in case you thought it was a good idea to give it a go yourself...I know! Best of luck, Andy P

Hi Andy, mine has worked ever since Wilcox sorted it but it was quite a journey to identify the problem. I would start with disconnecting the 12v and leaving for 20 minutes before reconnecting. If that doesn't sort it Wilcox may be able to advise your garage of choice what high voltage cables they disconnected and reconnected to sort. They will not tell you just in case you thought it was a good idea to give it a go yourself...I know! Best of luck, Andy P
HI Andy

I have a new MG ZS EV recently purchased and I noticed the same issue with Rapid charging.
It only worked once and regardless of the service provider the CCS charging doesn't work.
Ur thread gives me some confidence that this might help in my case as well. I am taking my car to the garage in 2 days. I will ask the service engineer to disconnect 12v battery for 20mins. Just incase, that doesn't solve the issue, can you please provide the contact details of the Wilcox garage service engineer who worked on reconnecting HV cables ? Is this the right garage you got help from

Servicing
Wickwar Garage, High Street
Wickwar
Gloucestershire
GL12 8NG
United Kingdom

01454 294213

Thank you
Harry

Harry, Yes that is the correct garage and I think the engineer was called Steve. Hope you get the car sorted, just to give you some light, mine has charged fine ever since it was sorted! Best wishes, Andy

Harry, Yes that is the correct garage and I think the engineer was called Steve. Hope you get the car sorted, just to give you some light, mine has charged fine ever since it was sorted! Best wishes, Andy
thank you for confirming.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom