For public charging, ZapMap and ABRP. Also the apps of whatever charger you're likely to use because you often need to start the charge from the app. Get the Tesla one and set up an account, because there are quite a lot of open Tesla superchargers and they're cheaper than most of the rest.

Evening all,
I get my ev on Tuesdays and just wondering what the favourable apps are that you all use.

Thanks in advance.
Good tips from Rolfe.

I've also got electroverse app as we are with Octopus. Not many chargers on there, but it goes on your Octopus account and is sometimes discounted.

I downloaded the podpoint app because the local shopping centre has a free Podpoint charger (slow, so you don't get much but hey - it's free!).

Evening all,
I get my ev on Tuesdays and just wondering what the favourable apps are that you all use.

Thanks in advance.
Once your set-up, you might not need any? - We have an Ohme at home, which just does as its told, and then out further afield just use the tesla app - as its the cheapest for charging away from home - when on holiday I take a subscription. Also look out for Vend Electric for cheap destination charging (some stations do it by the hour, rather than kWh, which in my case is cheaper than home - I'm thinking here of my favourite : Talacre Beach Resort at 39p / hr, i.e ~ £3 to fill up + also CPS have a few 50kW chargers for free @Oban springs to mind ).

Last edited by a moderator:
How can you tell on the Tesla app which of their chargers are open to non-tesla EV. I have just installed this app and can see all the chargers on the map but I do know that most of them are Tesla only, is there a setting in the app to show open to all EV

How can you tell on the Tesla app which of their chargers are open to non-tesla EV. I have just installed this app and can see all the chargers on the map but I do know that most of them are Tesla only, is there a setting in the app to show open to all EV
To use the app, you will need a Tesla account with a payment method attached to pay for charging.

If that account doesn't have a Tesla car associated with it, the front page of the app will have a big button labeled "Charge your EV". Tapping that will show only the chargers you can use.

Good tips from Rolfe.

I've also got electroverse app as we are with Octopus. Not many chargers on there, but it goes on your Octopus account and is sometimes discounted.
More than you'd think - Electroverse covers 30+ charging networks across the UK & Europe, including most of the big ones like Ionity, Instavolt, Osprey & MFG to name a few.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 503 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back