Charging after Service up-date

That’s what I think and will ask for them to be done again at the first service as the additional function to turn off the auto high beam is in the options but fails to work too...

That’s what I think and will ask for them to be done again at the first service as the additional function to turn off the auto high beam is in the options but fails to work too...
Definitely. It does sound like one or more of the 4 updates failed that makes up the 2nd Generation Comfort System update.

Hi All,
I only have the granny charge which is fine for me at the moment, I have only charged once at a CCS station.
On the granny charge the max range I have seen is 146 with a full battery indicator. On the CCS I disconnected at 91% which indicated 160 odd miles but that very quickly dropped by over 30 miles. My journey back saw me get down to the wire, only 3% left. What I'm interested in is what are the BMS and HV fuse updates for? I'd not heard of them till now. It has definitely had the comfort 2 update.
Thanks

Hi,

he BMS update was a complete rewrite of the type 2 code to allow smart charging at home and make the car more compatible with all the smart chargers available.
it also allows you to charge the car without having to lock it.

The HV or High Voltage Fuse update hopefully will stop the car from randomly shutting down for no reason and giving drivers a HV fault. A few owners cars shut down while driving.

Ok, currently I unlock the car, plug it in but it will not start charging until the doors are locked. This is either granny or CCS.
With CCS I have never had to lock the car.
But now with the latest update. I don’t have to lock the car when I put it on charge at home or on a destination post.

Should be I’d question this or state that you’ll take it to another dealer, this is a warranty update.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom