chrisk158

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
Newbie here. Recently received the MG4 (yesterday). It’s arrived with both the granny charger and also another charging cable. I can’t seem to find if it’s a single phase or 3 phase cable. It’s the one that they offer as an accessory. I didn’t realise I’d be having one as the car is through work and been looking to purchase one. Am I right in thinking if it’s a single phase I can only use a 7KW charger and not a 22KW as there’s a few options of both locally to charge.

You absolutely CAN use a 7kW cable on a 22kW charger, you'll just get 7kW out of it.
This is because a 22kW charger delivers 3x 7kW, and a 7kW cable only connects to one of them.

If it turns out to be a 3 phase cable, then a 22kW charger will supply 10-11kW if you have the 64kWh battery.

You absolutely CAN use a 7kW cable on a 22kW charger, you'll just get 7kW out of it.
This is because a 22kW charger delivers 3x 7kW, and a 7kW cable only connects to one of them.

If it turns out to be a 3 phase cable, then a 22kW charger will supply 10-11kW if you have the 64kWh battery.
Makes sense. Thanks for the quick response. 👍🏻

Hi, if you look at the pins either end are all 7 holes populated?
Or post a picture. The cable will also have markings on it.

Will post some pics

Hi, if you look at the pins either end are all 7 holes populated?
Or post a picture. The cable will also have markings on it.

Attachments

• IMG_1839.jpeg
    IMG_1839.jpeg
    276.6 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_1838.jpeg
    IMG_1838.jpeg
    292.7 KB · Views: 82

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 544 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%