Charging Cables

Yes I think it was £100+ off each of them a quick search there £160 each so 2 for £100 🤣

Thats good @N2STY. Cant go wrong at that price!!Just bear in mind, having 3 phase or 1 phase would not make any difference in charging speeds though 3 phase supports 22kW. This is due to the limitation of MG ZS EV. Here is a screenshot:
Screenshot_20220216-202033_Chrome.jpg

More on this here - MG ZS EV Standard Range

Yes I know it works just fine at 7kw but if I change car that has a faster onboard charger it will also work so more future proof than a single charge cable the only limitation is it weighs a bit more and for £50 I can live with that

Evonestop stuff ships directly from Rolec. Was a little surprised when my 10m 32a cable arrived today and was listed as 5kg that's going to be fun coiling up in the rain at 6am.

Evonestop stuff ships directly from Rolec. Was a little surprised when my 10m 32a cable arrived today and was listed as 5kg that's going to be fun coiling up in the rain at 6am.
Are you saying to be convenient is not convenient😁

10m is a necessesity for my parking situation. 5kg of cable is a bit heavier than I was anticipating. Feeling the pain for the guy making the 25m one for lamp post charging, that's going to be unwieldy!

So 25m would be 12.5kg roughly
My three-phase is 5m is about 2.7kg going on the postage so it really isn't much heaver then than single phase

I see halfords have ring branded ones in, also discounts for NHS, military etc.

I see halfords have ring branded ones in, also discounts for NHS, military etc.
A bit expensive them, even with the “Blue Light” discount !.

Saw some BS article from the Daily Mirror on my phone today saying charging cable theft is increasing. They quoted that thieves are stealing them and then weighing them in for the copper for £200 :LOL:
If that's the case then I'm going to start buying the £100ish ones in bulk and weighing them in.

I hope one of the “Pond Life” would take a pair of bolt cutter’s to a cable that is plugged in and still pulling a charge, just rewards I say !.
I would think once they cotton on to the fact that rapids are not live when not plugged in, they will be the easier target for the cable cutters, more copper in those too.
Which of course means more chargers not working 🙁

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom