Charging cover flap

jasonh

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
Hi all.
First post in a while, as the car has been great with not one issue. 12000 miles in.

Does anyone know how the charging flap assembly is fitted.
More specifically the body colour outer flap looks like it is clipped onto the inner flap hinge assembly.
I suspect someone has walked into it when left charging.

The flap does not shut flush now. Suspect there is a clip come out, however I don't want to force it back.

I believe I have the same problem. I think there's at least three clips. The one on the lower edge on mine seems unclipped and I suspect a plastic piece is broken inside. I haven't had a chance to give it a proper look yet but if I make any progress I'll update.

Hi all.
First post in a while, as the car has been great with not one issue. 12000 miles in.

Does anyone know how the charging flap assembly is fitted.
More specifically the body colour outer flap looks like it is clipped onto the inner flap hinge assembly.
I suspect someone has walked into it when left charging.

The flap does not shut flush now. Suspect there is a clip come out, however I don't want to force it back.
I believe I have the same problem. I think there's at least three clips. The one on the lower edge on mine seems unclipped and I suspect a plastic piece is broken inside. I haven't had a chance to give it a proper look yet but if I make any progress I'll update.
The car was in the at the dealer a few weeks ago, so I mentioned the charging flap and they sorted it alongside the stuff it was in for anyway.
So I'm sorry jasonh:, I don't know what was done.

The car was in the at the dealer a few weeks ago, so I mentioned the charging flap and they sorted it alongside the stuff it was in for anyway.
So I'm sorry jasonh:, I don't know what was done.
No worries, its going in next week for first service, so I will mention it then...

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 523 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.6%
  • No

Votes: 48 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back