Charging - I charge my MG5 with the supplied MG charger but the 100% charge milage achieved is around 185 miles and no where near the 235 miles that

The GOM isn’t totally accurate, it’s a guessometer. It is based on your recent driving style, and will be affected by the weather, temperature and how fast you drive/accelerate. You can reset the trip computers to set it back to the advertised distance. Also switch off the aircon and put in Eco to get the highest range. But it won’t show the range you will actually get, that depends on your m/kwh

The GOM isn’t totally accurate, it’s a guessometer. It is based on your recent driving style, and will be affected by the weather, temperature and how fast you drive/accelerate. You can reset the trip computers to set it back to the advertised distance. Also switch off the aircon and put in Eco to get the highest range. But it won’t show the range you will actually get, that depends on your m/kwh
Hi Dino - Thank you for your response. I am only talking about charging the car. Your reply is suggesting the charging is affected on how the car is driven. I do not understand this concept. I would have thought they are separate issues

Hi Dino - Thank you for your response. I am only talking about charging the car. Your reply is suggesting the charging is affected on how the car is driven. I do not understand this concept. I would have thought they are separate issues
So 100% charge is 100% charge, but the range is dependent on mi/kWh- driving style, weather, temperature etc that is what gives you the miles per kwh. And the GOM goes off the recent mi/kWh you have been getting. So 100% charge will give you more range in summer and if you have been driving more cautiously, than the range you will get in winter or after driving flat out

Last edited by a moderator:
So 100% charge is 100% charge, but the range is dependent on mi/kWh- driving style, weather, temperature etc that is what gives you the miles per kwh. And the GOM goes off the recent mi/kWh you have been getting. So 100% charge will give you more range in summer and if you have been driving more cautiously, than the range you will get in winter or after driving flat out
Thanks, I now understand the approach. Finally, what does the acronym GOM stand for as I cannot seem to find reference to this in the manual.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom