Charging irregularity

IanMK

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
I topped-up my battery last night and I'm a bit perturbed by an unexpected event on my Zappi charging log. Does anyone have an explanation for this? I thought the MG4 is meant to limit at 7kW/phase. If it tries to take more it will be blowing fuses (or worse).

IMG_4424.PNG

Interesting

What’s your supply rate where the graph is mostly flat?

When charging at home on the non-free charger, I get a constant 7.5kW supply (as reported by the Monta app) and 6.5kW at the on board charger (as reported by the app)
I don’t have access to graphs of any kind unfortunately.

Interesting

What’s your supply rate where the graph is mostly flat?

When charging at home on the non-free charger, I get a constant 7.5kW supply (as reported by the Monta app) and 6.5kW at the on board charger (as reported by the app)
I don’t have access to graphs of any kind unfortunately.
As per the axis labels, it's around 7kW. The issue is the spike up to around 9kW. The Zappi has an internal current sensor and there is an external current sensor on the grid. Graphs for both show this anomaly so I suspect it's real

What fuses do you think would blow?

It could be that the '7kW' limit is a steady-state average but the circuitry is able to cope with extra. Without knowledge of the sampling interval for the graph it is not possible to say how long the spike lasted. You must keep the Forum informed of any issues that could be traced back to the spike.

Last edited by a moderator:
I now suspect this is a phantom issue and a data fault on MyEnergi’s side..I’ve discovered another Zappi owner who had the same issue at the same time when charging a Tesla. Unlikely to be concurrent Zappi faults but I’ll check the event log in my Zappi tomorrow.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 512 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 87 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back