Charging Port Light - Your Thoughts ?.

This was my solution with a stick on light from a bargain shop (can't remember which one as it's been lying around in my man draw for ages :))

You have to stick it to one side otherwise it hits the flap catch and won't close. I hope Fatboyfat doesn't get to excited by these photos. :)
View attachment 13606View attachment 13607

Edit: It might have been a pack of 3 from Poundland.
I was concerned about the clearance between the flap, and inner flaps. Can you tell me the thickness, it's impossible to measure the gap easily.

My gen 1 solution is a brightly coloured grabber on the bung.
zs bung puller.jpg

This maybe of some interest on this subject.
This was my "work around" on our Gen 1 model for only £1.

This maybe of some interest on this subject.
This was my "work around" on our Gen 1 model for only £1.

I did find the previous thread, I had 2 concerns, firstly the Gen 2 flap, is smaller, and so space maybe an issue, but judging by the pictures from @Gadget Geek I might have misjudged that. Secondly I have the memory of a goldfish, so the batteries will need replacing with every charge, because I'll forget to turn it off 🤣

Bugger @ARealHuman - I did not pick up on that one :mad: !.
( A sound of a lot of rustling in a wallet for a receipt, can be clearly heard in the back ground :eek: ).
PHEW ! - Lucky escape folks, it was only £1 !!!!!.
Just popped outside to put the car on charge ( 22.20 ) and found the switch button on the light straight away.
Dear me, just how cheap can a fix be, the light is really bright !.
Massive improvement, for just a £1.
The CR2032 batteries will cost more than that to replace for god's sake.
Do you need another light to light up the light switch so you can see to turn the light on? :cool: :)

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom