Charging sequence

ArfArf

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
MG4 Trophy Long Range & a Zaptec Go wall charger.

Had the car a few months now, all good, but every so often I'm doing something wrong when charging.
Try to authenticate in the Zaptec Go app, and it either spins at me for a while and gives up, or says its authenticated but charging stopped.

Usually I just plug the cable into wall charger, unlock the car, cable into car, authenticate in the Zaptec app and away it goes.

Wall charger is restricted to people approved in the app, no charging schedules configured

Am I missing something obvious?

I had an issue the first time when I had left the drivers door open - all need to be closed it seems. I have either used ZAPTEC to start charging or Electroverse (card or app) and all work fine.

Thanks
Noticed any difference if the car is unlocked, or locks itself again before you authenticate in the Zaptec app?

Just thinking that sometimes it does lock while I'm connecting cables and maybe that's confusing matters.

I have only charged at a public charger with doors unlocked. Authenticated before connecting cable. Don't think it makes a difference. Locked when I charge at home.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 544 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back