That's the exact problem some others are having - but you may already know this from the Zappi thread? @tsedge got software updates to "fix" that problem (after CCU change) but it ended up breaking AC charging again.

Last edited by a moderator:
EV Charger keeps pausing during charge at home. Unit has been changed but still same issue.. no one we have spoken to has any clue why this happens.. oh if we unlock and lock car whilst charger pauses, the charger goes bk on and this is what we have to do all night to get a charge. We have an Evec charger.. can anyone help we are at our Wits End !! Ps this has been going on since early Feb when initial unit was fitted.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's the exact problem some others are having - but you may already know this from the Zappi thread? @tsedge got software updates to "fix" that problem (after CCU change) but it ended up breaking AC charging again.
For those wanting to know about AC charging problems and CCU replacement, here is the relevant thread:

Key points:
  • Affects Phase 1 (2022 MY) LR cars only.
  • CCU fails after 6-9 months or so.
  • Symptoms are AC charging starts terminating before it should and then rapidly over a few days car will not take more than a tiny AC charge. DC charging unaffected.
  • Fix is replacement CCU.
  • However, fix alone can then cause car to always AC charge to 100% (ignores charge limit).
  • Software updates fix that.
  • That works for most people.
  • However, in at least my case the software updates went wrong and AC charging is then broken again (going back into the garage this week).

Please my MGZS long range has stopped charging. Each time i plug it for charging on the dashboard it shows charging complete without charging. I have tried three different charging points. Not sure what the cause is?

Please my MGZS long range has stopped charging. Each time i plug it for charging on the dashboard it shows charging complete without charging. I have tried three different charging points. Not sure what the cause is?
Have you tried the 'granny' it came with plus a DC Rapid charger?
What do you use at home?

New Trophy LR owner here. Delivered on Thursday. Only now finding out about the scheduled charging issues. Previously had a an eNiro, which never missed a beat! I'm now 2 for 2 for not charging on my cheap overnight tariff. It does charge manually, and sometimes it will charge when i play around with scheduling during the day, but nothing at night? I've reset my Matt:e box (several times), I've payed with the app, and also tried with no app and just the car system. Ill keep trying, but not being able to plug it in and have it ready for the next day just isn't a reasonable issue to live with. Now regretting my choice. and might have look at another another eNiro. Pity really as I do like the car.
Any help would be great to save the car from a return!

EDIT- 27/03. After some frenetic testing, I've now resolved the issue, and is charging overnight. Happy bunny and the car is staying.

Last edited:
For those wanting to know about AC charging problems and CCU replacement, here is the relevant thread:

Key points:
  • Affects Phase 1 (2022 MY) LR cars only.
  • CCU fails after 6-9 months or so.
  • Symptoms are AC charging starts terminating before it should and then rapidly over a few days car will not take more than a tiny AC charge. DC charging unaffected.
  • Fix is replacement CCU.
  • However, fix alone can then cause car to always AC charge to 100% (ignores charge limit).
  • Software updates fix that.
  • That works for most people.
  • However, in at least my case the software updates went wrong and AC charging is then broken again (going back into the garage this week).
Correction: my car wasn't broken, it was a misconfiguration issue - somehow a car schedule got set that didn't allow charging except during specific restricted hours. Once that was cleared, everything works again.

Correction: my car wasn't broken, it was a misconfiguration issue - somehow a car schedule got set that didn't allow charging except during specific restricted hours. Once that was cleared, everything works again.
That's good news.

Last edited:

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 501 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums