• We have updated MGEVs and introduced rules for using our Classifieds forums. For more information, please click here.

For Sale Chorley Group - MG ZS EV - Q2 2022 (Apr - Jun) Offers

Hmm.

Last edited:
Just to put your mind at rest, I'm not on commission, I don't work in the showroom, and any information I give out in good faith. There's no benefit to me lying to anyone.

Delivery dates for all manufacturers are a moveable feast at the moment, and it's sometimes hard to know what's best to advise. If you wanted a Standard Range SE or Trophy, you could probably have one by July. Long Range Trophy Connect is likely to be much later.

Just to put your mind at rest, I'm not on commission, I don't work in the showroom, and any information I give out in good faith. There's no benefit to me lying to anyone.

Delivery dates for all manufacturers are a moveable feast at the moment, and it's sometimes hard to know what's best to advise. If you wanted a Standard Range SE or Trophy, you could probably have one by July. Long Range Trophy Connect is likely to be much later.
I did ask Burnley about swapping my LR Trophy to a SR Trophy but was told it would probably be longer than my LR order which was May and is now estimated August (Motability customer).
The only reason I'd considered swapping to the SR is because I'm desperate for the car as I need a hoist now, but if it meant getting the car sooner then I'd change my order, especially as reading between the lines, August is looking increasingly unlikely.

Hi Guys, just a quick update, if anybody is interested. As expected my order for ZS EV long range has been cancelled, or rather, not been reinstated. My Deposit is being returned. Rob (sales manager) at Chorley was very nice but can't do anything.
So to sum up, through no fault of mine, 6 months of lost waiting list time, price increase, loss of Gov grant, loss of extra stuff etc etc. NOT that I'm pissed off or anything. :mad:
:mad: :mad: :mad:

Hi Guys, just a quick update, if anybody is interested. As expected my order for ZS EV long range has been cancelled, or rather, not been reinstated. My Deposit is being returned. Rob (sales manager) at Chorley was very nice but can't do anything.
So to sum up, through no fault of mine, 6 months of lost waiting list time, price increase, loss of Gov grant, loss of extra stuff etc etc. NOT that I'm pissed off or anything. :mad:
Really sorry to hear this, car are you going for now?

Really sorry to hear this, car are you going for now?
I honestly don't know now, I still really like the ZS EV, for the money, but maybe time to have a look around. One thing I do know is WHERE I won't be buying it from.

I honestly don't know now, I still really like the ZS EV, for the money, but maybe time to have a look around. One thing I do know is WHERE I won't be buying it from.
You might be able to drop on one if you can be very flexible.
Let's us know how you get on, good luck in your search

That seems like poor service, and even poorer error resolution on their part. With the volume of sales referrals they must get from this forum alone, they should & could've taken one for the team if they wanted to. Unfortunate to say it, but the complaints I've read on this forum alone make me glad I ordered elsewhere. I'd be making sure MG head office got a piece of my mind as to their dealer network too, whether it makes a difference or not.

Not sure whether this experience has put you off MG altogether, but I've seen Nathaniel's mentioned a few times as having a good price. Then there's also Affinity & Costco schemes ect if eligible... Good luck!!!

Just to clarify here, Bruce placed a £200 "registration of interest" deposit with us before ordering opened, and then when we called to firm up his order in November, he told Martyn that he would order locally as he could get the same deal at another branch. So we never had an order form, never even had Bruce's full address, never did a credit check or anything like that.

Due to the change in the grants in December, and subsequent price increases on the Trophy/connect models, we are unable to now offer the same pricing as we would have done back in November. Contrary to belief, we don't have thousands of pounds of margin in the cars we sell.

The error we have made is that Martyn forgot to refund the £200 deposit. But that was only brought to our attention this month when Bruce called us back.

Just to clarify here, Bruce placed a £200 "registration of interest" deposit with us before ordering opened, and then when we called to firm up his order in November, he told Martyn that he would order locally as he could get the same deal at another branch. So we never had an order form, never even had Bruce's full address, never did a credit check or anything like that.

Due to the change in the grants in December, and subsequent price increases on the Trophy/connect models, we are unable to now offer the same pricing as we would have done back in November. Contrary to belief, we don't have thousands of pounds of margin in the cars we sell.

The error we have made is that Martyn forgot to refund the £200 deposit. But that was only brought to our attention this month when Bruce called us back.
Actually, I have email attachments that I recieved from Martyn, one of them is "Consumer Credit Suitability Assessment prepared for: Dawn Turnbull by Martyn Nicholson On Behalf of Chorley Nissan (Chorley)" That's the title. Digitally signed by Martyn.
The second one talks about GDPR......... Which, Miles, you have just violated.
Why would I cancel my order and not get my deposit back? The reason I didn't ring to get my deposit back is that I wasn't expecting it back, I was expecting a car.

Isn't that document the one you get when a quote is generated?

If it is then it isnt an order, I got that form when I initially enquired and got some quotes. I then got a proper order form when I ordered 2 days later.

Either way this all sounds a bit unfortunate for everyone involved.

I totally agree.
Unfortunately, given the time that has now passed, it has now become an unrecoverable situation for both sides really.
This is both extremely sad and very frustrating for both sides I am sure.
@BruceT PLEASE don't think that I am passing criticism here, but did you not think it was strange that you never received a written copy of the order for your car, or had any follow up phone calls about the progress of that order ?.
I placed my order in early November 21 and received all of the paperwork back ( including the order form ) within 24 hours of placing the order and paying the deposit.
I have received contact form John at the Burley branch, about every two to three weeks.
No news to report on the order, but the contact was appreciated never the less !.
My son placed an order for a HS PHEV about two weeks ago, paperwork all gone through within 24 hours and phone contact made last week, no news but contact made regardless.
I really DO feel your frustration and am really sorry that there is no positive outcome :cry:.
Strange that the deposit was not cross referenced to anything ?.

I totally agree.
Unfortunately, given the time that has now passed, it has now become an unrecoverable situation for both sides really.
This is both extremely sad and very frustrating for both sides I am sure.
@BruceT PLEASE don't think that I am passing criticism here, but did you not think it was strange that you never received a written copy of the order for your car, or had any follow up phone calls about the progress of that order ?.
I placed my order in early November 21 and received all of the paperwork back ( including the order form ) within 24 hours of placing the order and paying the deposit.
I have received contact form John at the Burley branch, about every two to three weeks.
No news to report on the order, but the contact was appreciated never the less !.
My son placed an order for a HS PHEV about two weeks ago, paperwork all gone through within 24 hours and phone contact made last week, no news but contact made regardless.
I really DO feel your frustration and am really sorry that there is no positive outcome :cry:.
Strange that the deposit was not cross referenced to anything ?.
I don't think this is an unusual situation with Chorley MG, I ordered my car over the phone and didn't receive any paperwork, I had to chase them weeks later. The salesman I dealt with has now left, but Ollie who has taken over from him seems to be on the ball.

Yes, well as it turns out........ yes, but this is the first new car I have ordered, I received emails with the attachments I mentioned above. On the 4th of November, I had agreed on a make, model, trim, colour, extras, and price, paid a deposit and delivery time. In my mind that constitutes an order. I didn't expect to get any more paperwork until nearer the time of delivery, March/April. So that's why I rang on 26th April, just to confirm my order and ask about progress. You don't worry about documentation that you haven't got if you don't know you're supposed to have it.

"a bit unfortunate" is a bit of an understatement, for me and my wife at least. For the Chorley Group, it won't make one iota of difference.

Anyway, enough is enough, I'm sure you are all sick of this now. All I can say is a lesson learned by me, and I hope a cautionary tale for the rest of you, As for Chorley, I guess "zero sh1ts given"

Fast And Furious Goodbye GIF by rubenscantuni

Yes, well as it turns out........ yes, but this is the first new car I have ordered, I received emails with the attachments I mentioned above
Arh …… That is totally understandable then @BruceT .
If it was your first brand new car order, then of course it can be a little confusing 🤷‍♂️.
Such a shame it never turned out for you and your wife, I am sorry 😢.
A break down in communications is very unfortunate.
I totally understand your feelings of resentment, bitterness and disappointment Bruce.
But I don’t think anybody unwittingly intended to get it that badly wrong, with any intention of bad malice really ?.
My dear Dad, use to say to me :-
“You learn something new everyday of your life son.
How right he was !.
Life is too short Bruce.
Take good care.

I don't get how there can be a claim that Bruce was confused given the other side of the story. £200 to register an interest? I didn't have to pay money to be interested in buying an MG5. I had to pay a deposit to place the order.... But Bruce could easily be fooled into thinking he was placing an order. Never heard of paying to register an interest in buying a car.

In addition it could easily be argued that Chorley Group made a mess of the process. There were several comments at the time of piles of unprocessed orders when the order books were opened for the new ZS EV.

Finally why would Bruce think anything other than having a confirmed order when Chorley Group sat on his money for 6 months?

Of course I wouldn't have left it 6 months before enquiring about my order. I rang every month to check. Sad that my dealer didn't ring me but that is to be expected from sales people.

I didn't order from Chorley and given the way they claim to have dealt with over the phone orders I never would/will.

Aside from perceived dealer bashing MG still make great cars. Not so affordable these days but I live my MG5. Don't give upon a brand due to a bad experience with a single dealer (sorry Miles....Happy to agree to disagree on this one).

Finally why would Bruce think anything other than having a confirmed order when Chorley Group sat on his money for 6 months?

Of course I wouldn't have left it 6 months before enquiring about my order. I rang every month to check. Sad that my dealer didn't ring me but that is to be expected from sales people.
Hi Dave, you make a very fair point and I do have the greatest of sympathy with regards to Bruce's missed completed order.
This was Bruces first order for a brand new car and the process was all new to him.
But in your case, you DID have a completed order form back confirming your the actual order of your car I assume ?.
Bruce did not have any such paperwork which confirmed his order, which should have started the alarm bell's ringing.
You also say that you rang each month ( which is fine ) to check on your order status.
Had your original order been misplaced, then this would have been picked up straight away.
When Bruce did make the call to check on progress, this was when the issue was discovered I believe.
Miles has confirmed that normal protocol is to process the customers order and apply for the Gov grant in the same or next 24 hours ( unless the sale falls on a bank holiday of course ).
Some dealers decided to sit on some orders a few months ago, which caused customers to miss the cut off date, before the grant reduction was released overnight.
I have said it before - But I do wonder why his deposit funds, did not align with ANY order type ??.

haven’t dealerships cocked up getting grants so cancelled clients orders, ?

SOME dealers missed the dead line for applying, before the grant reductions came into place.
Therefore this raised the price of certain higher priced ZS EV's models.

I don't think this is an unusual situation with Chorley MG, I ordered my car over the phone and didn't receive any paperwork, I had to chase them weeks later. The salesman I dealt with has now left, but Ollie who has taken over from him seems to be on the ball.
I had the same problem with Leicester MG, did the test drive, rang the next day and placed a £500 deposit. Didn’t hear anything, so called after a week and the paperwork was then sorted. Apparently the original sales person was on sick leave.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom