• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Cold Weather Regen Reduced

Mark Holmes

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Is anyone else noticing reduced Regen levels in cold weather, I’m not sure if I noticed this before, but believed Regen was only affected if the battery level was too high that it could actually hold or take in the additional charge??
Looking for some advise on this matter.

Is anyone else noticing reduced Regen levels in cold weather, I’m not sure if I noticed this before, but believed Regen was only affected if the battery level was too high that it could actually hold or take in the additional charge??
Yes I have noticed a reduction in Regen during cooler days. Bit annoying having to use the brake pedal. Had almost forgotten where it was lol.

Don't know what the regen rate is on an MG but should certainly be in the tens of kW range so same principle as rapid charging, the BMS will limit charging when at a high SOC and also at low battery temperature and hence limit regen in the same way.

Yes I have noticed a reduction in Regen during cooler days. Bit annoying having to use the brake pedal. Had almost forgotten where it was lol.
Yeah - The Regen level drops a lot when the ambient temperature is low.
But at least the car gets the chance to scrub off some of that surface rust off the brake discs !.

Hi, I have reduced regen, I always drive in level 3, as this makes the brake light come on. But since colder weather arrived the regen is not sufficient to make the brake light work.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom