Comfort Pack 2 Update MG ZS EV

We are looking forward to our revised software when our dealer has carried out a test download to their demonstrator next week. Reading these reviews from owners is very reassuring and a really great EV will soon be even better with all the other changes in C2.

Picking our new EV up next week, spoke to dealer and they have advised all updates will be done also a free set of mats and free Sureguard so cannot wait to see the little black beauty.

Good morning all, can you please let me know the date of the release for this update? I collected my car on the 27th May and was assured by the dealer that all updates had been completed. Thanks

Good morning all, can you please let me know the date of the release for this update? I collected my car on the 27th May and was assured by the dealer that all updates had been completed. Thanks
You’ll know if it’s been applied, in the centre digital screen On the dash do you have miles remaining or the clock on display at all times. It should be miles remaining.

I think it was early June when it was released...someone will know for sure. But quite a few dealers seemed to be unaware of it for many days.........

Just had a call from my local MG dealer confirming that I’m booked in for tomorrow, but that they are only doing updates as deemed necessary. I did say that as I work nights and on occasions the triple horn has blasted, which I added is against the Highway Code, I need it completed he said we would talk in the morning.
Let’s see what happens tomorrow....fingers crossed, but if I need to go into battle they will loose my business as there is another MG dealer near to me that I could go too...

Good luck Mark...if they do the big one, it will take between 2-3 hours. If they tell you to come back in an hour.......you know what to expect.

Good luck Mark...if they do the big one, it will take between 2-3 hours. If they tell you to come back in an hour.......you know what to expect.
Okay the good news is that I haven’t been charged, however this was debated and they weren’t intending to do the comfort 2 update, but after discussions they did.
They said “Glyn Hopkins” that they did all the updates, but I know they haven’t
I do have the remaining mileage shown on the centre display and the start up process is much quicker, but there is no temp display and nor is there the option to turn off the auto high beam...
So to be honest I don’t really know which updates have or haven’t been done.
The good news is that the radio issue was fixed the radio module connection had come loose.
Would be interested to know your feedback, but in the main it appears the noises have gone on startup and remaining mileage on display is a plus too.
Comments on postcards too....

Oh and the music volume hasn’t remembered the last setting, straight back on as per the MG preset...

Hi Folks,
Can anyone explain why it seems most dealerships are reluctant to do updates or appear not to know about the updates?
It is very clear to me now that MG are communicating with the dealerships but for some reason some Dealerships are not even willing to acknowledge they have communication from MG about the updates.

Hello Mark
Glad they fixed the radio for you.
Seeing as mine has done it every now and then + the Bluetooth issue I'll get dealer to look at that as my car is back in this Monday for knocking noise again on steering column.
They definitely haven't done all the updates.

Thanks both for your comments, very disappointing, that said the start up process and range displays are good for a start and having done near 6000 miles in three months it won’t be long before it’s in for its 1st service and I will choose a different dealer and get them to check them again. At least it only cost me my time...happy days

How can you identify the new software update (comfort 2)?
What sw version code is it?

Don’t know if you can, can find a version number on the infotainment unit under system see attached

Attachments

• B1F8C861-D921-498B-8178-18B618EEBC3B.jpeg
    B1F8C861-D921-498B-8178-18B618EEBC3B.jpeg
    86.3 KB · Views: 163
The last time I spoke to MG, they said, all the dealerships have a dealer portal where the details are clearly laid out for even a non computer literate person to understand. They also have for each Dealership a MG-master tech who should know all things MG. Then they have an emergency support techs that the dealerships can contact for advice. It sounded very strange to MG that we were having to tell the dealerships what we needed or exactly which specific updates go into the comfort 2 pack.

To be honest and I’ve said it before the car is great, could be improved by some of the software changes, but it seems that it’s like trying to extract diamonds from the mountains, you know it’s there, but it’s bloody hard work getting to it..today for me was a disappointment as they said I had them all and I obviously don’t meaning we are all getting driving experiences or pleasures in a variety of ways. It should be straight forward and a level playing field, which it isn’t. I would happily pay for a service if I thought I was getting what I’m paying for, but it seems to really be hit and miss at present and to be honest I don’t have a clue which updates I received today and which ones I’m missing..come on MG you are a reborn brand and so get your game together to compete with the big boys as the product is good; but aftercare is critical too and 50% just isn’t going to make you a success.

Errrm...sound like half a job to me...lousy customer care in my opinion.
Spoken to Toomey another MG dealer who said the update should contain all elements and therefore I have contacted Glyn Hopkins again as perhaps the software update was corrupted in some way. What I will add is that both dealerships were extremely patient when listening to my concerns.. updates to follow upon further comms with my main dealer either today or tomorrow.

Rather sad the way some MG dealers are behaving. Just can not explain why but the quality of aftercare and knowledge about the ZS EV is so low in some dealerships it is unbelievable. We need to feed this back to MG.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom