• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Comfort Pack 2 Update MG ZS EV

I would imagine that it is available worldwide with the exception of Asian countries where the cars already have the systems on them as they are internet linked.

Quick question. Does anyone know the exact name for the bms update to allow you to charge using the scheduler on the charger. The one where you can charge the car with the doors open, and where the car doesnt go to sleep.
The reason I am asking is that I requested this update at the service booked for next week and MG said they heard of no such update. My car has the c2 update done and they said that that is the only update available for the car. I know they are absolutely wrong there, so I was wondering of there a specific name on it, or is it embedded in a different update, like a hv battery update.
Thanks in advance.

I would imagine that it is available worldwide with the exception of Asian countries where the cars already have the systems on them as they are internet linked.

This is the update advice issued to MG Authorized Repairers & Distributors in Europe about the same time.

MG ZS EV Software update Comfort 2.jpg

I've read that it's the battery management system is SA15 update and HV fuse is SA10 update, not sure how accurate that is, but logically there could be more hence the SA017 that @lee graham mentions! I'll have to get on to my dealer next week I think.

@Septian Im 100% confident on sa017. Dated 6/8/2020 ‘effected’ range eZS before offline date 30/6/20.

As I’ve said before, I picked up my eZS at the start of month and every update was done bar this one. Technician found update (after I told them to look) and it took 20 minutes to apply.

The bms update was before comfort2 to help with wake up to charge I believe. Sa017 is battery protection, dc to dc and traction control updates. (I assume TC is traction control, but not sure.)

@Septian Im 100% confident on sa017. Dated 6/8/2020 ‘effected’ range eZS before offline date 30/6/20.

As I’ve said before, I picked up my eZS at the start of month and every update was done bar this one. Technician found update (after I told them to look) and it took 20 minutes to apply.

The bms update was before comfort2 to help with wake up to charge I believe. Sa017 is battery protection, dc to dc and traction control updates. (I assume TC is traction control, but not sure.)
I'm hoping I'm in the same situation as you then mate, I know it already had the Comfort 2 on the car as that was quite obvious when I picked it up, however I won't be able to test the "charging when unlocked" on the home charger until I get the longer cable later today (I'm too lazy to turn the car around! 😂)My dealer did say the updates were done, but that could have been done prior to even them getting it as it was a new car. to be honest the only one that "worries" me is the HV Fuse one, last thing I want is the car to conk out for that reason.

I’ve read a few posts on the other eZS forum regarding members being contacted by mg to bring their cars in for this update.

So I would assume that if your vin is in the ‘effected’ range you will be hearing from them shortly. Otherwise this update will be applied next time your car is in the workshop.

Another member of this board expressed annoyance that this is not a safety recall. I echo that sentiment. Bring all the cars in and fully update them free of charge. For safety and comfort2. Refund anyone who paid for comfort2.

customer satisfaction is paramount, I’m really happy with my first BEV, but currently not planning on staying loyal to SAIC.

I’ve read a few posts on the other eZS forum regarding members being contacted by mg to bring their cars in for this update.

So I would assume that if your vin is in the ‘effected’ range you will be hearing from them shortly. Otherwise this update will be applied next time your car is in the workshop.

Another member of this board expressed annoyance that this is not a safety recall. I echo that sentiment. Bring all the cars in and fully update them free of charge. For safety and comfort2. Refund anyone who paid for comfort2.

customer satisfaction is paramount, I’m really happy with my first BEV, but currently not planning on staying loyal to SAIC.
I'm the same, I'm really happy with it, Time will tell if I remain loyal or not, apparently electric cars are suppose to have price parity by 2025, so when that time comes if I can get a longer range one for the same price as an equivalent petrol or diesel then I'll jump on it (Brand isn't really important to me, if I like it, I like it!) I already know I'm never going back to an ICE car though.

I’m looking forward to my next car in three years time, I’m a nerd so naturally I love technological advances. I predict 100kWh batteries, dual motors and autopilot level 3 will be ubiquitous.

I agree with you, brand isn’t important and hybrid/ICE are antiquated now. I have an Audi sitting in my drive that we were keeping for long journeys or if the missus didn’t like electric. As soon as there is a sars-cov2 vaccine, we’ve decided to sell the audi and go on holiday.

I’m looking forward to my next car in three years time, I’m a nerd so naturally I love technological advances. I predict 100kWh batteries, dual motors and autopilot level 3 will be ubiquitous.
Haha! I'm the same, I was so excited I could have android auto/MG pilot in the car! 🤣 I missed out on Android auto by a year on the old car, I've already noticed on my couple of days commute that the electric is already more efficient for me, my mileage is stupidly low (55miles a week for work) plus the occasional 80 mile round trip to my brothers place, electric made so much sense for me fuel wise. I look forward to seeing the tech advances over the next few years.

Does anyone have or know the VIN range of affected cars for the HV fuse update ?

Does anyone have or know the VIN range of affected cars for the HV fuse update ?
No. But my car is getting it done tomorrow. Ill ask the dealer tomorrow for more info. My car was registered 23rd march 2020 and falls within the vin range to get it updated

Got mine in July, so I know the BMS update has not been done, not sure if it needs the HV fuse one. Hopefully the dealer will let me know.

Hi All,

Good news and bad news. I just had a lengthy conversation with my MG dealer and good news, there is a software update now available in the UK that deals with temperature reading and various other bong issues and a faster boot up.

Bad news is that although the software update itself is free (I suppose) the installation of it, isn’t. My dealer will “if I decide to accept the mission” (software update)) charge me their hourly rate for the technician who will carry out the update. Unfortunately, he is not 100% sure how long is needed but whatever time it takes will be charged accordingly.

Now here is the bad bit, once the software update is completed there is NO RETURN to the previous software installation and if anything goes wrong with the car i.e. something does not work when it did under the old software then the fix is again at the owners cost.

I build my own computers and others probably do as well and we all know how things can go wrong after a software update, so one must consider the risk before doing this. He quoted an example to me where they carried out a BMS software update on a NEW MG ZS EV and after the update the car would not start.

So, in summary if the bongs and suchlike are unbearable and you need a faster boot up and the outside temperature and are willing to take the risk there is a software update available (think it’s called Comfort Pack 2).

Regards

Frank

Frank
Hi Frank, that is rubbish, they cannot charge to update the problems to be fixed. I have had the update to try and correct the speed camera warning which it does not alert. The update is very useful and is free. Contact MG UK direct as your car does not have some of the features it should have had when you collected it.
Stay safe
Tom

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom