Confused 🤪

Baldytone

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
Hi all, I have just charged up at a shell recharge, I was at 16% and charged to 80%, = 64%!! On the bill it said I had 42.22kWh. I paid £34.19. So 42.22 X 85p = £35.88 why didn’t I receive 64%? And why did they charge £34.19 when it should have been £38.88?

It looks like you got charged 81 pence per kWh, which tallies with this (if using their Recharge card):

Did you pay using their card, or contactless?

What makes you think you didn't get 64%, if the car charged from 16 --> 80% ? It looks like the charger delivered 66%, there are usually losses and seems you ended up with 64% in the car?

Price wise: 42.22 x 0.81 = £34.19

I forgot about the recharge card, it’s just that on the recharge app is says Total volume 42.22 kWh I can’t work out what this refers to, as I’ve had over 60%, sorry I’m not too good with figures.

42.22kWh in the app is what the charger has delivered. 64% change in SOC is ~39.5kWh into the car. This gives a charge efficiency of 93.5%

Remember - what a charge point delivers also includes charging losses, so you always deliver (and pay for) more than what gets stored. :)

Not a lot of choice for rapid charging in Brighton area (I'm in Peacehaven but luckily have a home charger). The amount of tourists that come to Brighton and would want a quick 30-40 mins before heading home and they'd have to go to Shoreham for the new & improved Shell garage or hope that a BP Pulse unit is working. If you can get onto Octopus you'll get a discount on rapid charging via Electroverse app.

It’s that shell I used, I shall be getting a charger at home soon, the drive should be finished in the next few days so I can get one fitted. I’m in Southwick.

It’s that shell I used, I shall be getting a charger at home soon, the drive should be finished in the next few days so I can get one fitted. I’m in Southwick.
I'll keep an eye out for ya as I regularly go past via Portslade to Shoreham & Worthing. I've got black Xpower.

One day in summer you may see me there too! I have friends in Portslade and I drove to visit them last August. Planning to do the same this year. Combined with visit to the Glyndebourne Festival it's a 1,000-mile round trip. In an SR. Easy peasy.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 511 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back