Connecting a V2L car to a house as a battery.

I think we may have crossed purposes here, I'm not talking about an EV wallbox / charger. I'm talking about a 3kW power supply with adjustable voltage and current limit. This is used to charge the house batteries directly and this charger is fed with power from the EV.

Sorry for any confusion.
It's me who should be saying sorry ! I may have confused you ! I am looking for a charger/device that I can plug my V2L from my Marvel R into that will allow me to charge my Lithium batteries that are connected to my solar system. I want to use the battery in my car to top up my house batteries.

It's me who should be saying sorry ! I may have confused you ! I am looking for a charger/device that I can plug my V2L from my Marvel R into that will allow me to charge my Lithium batteries that are connected to my solar system. I want to use the battery in my car to top up my house batteries.
We are talking about the same thing then :D

Something like this will do it depending on the voltage and capacity of your battery.

A 3kW charger would be a good fit, maxing out the MG V2L and would extend the capacity of your storage system considerably.
Thanks again for the advice. The same as the one in the link you sent me ? Which version ? My issue is that once the sun goes down my battery is not enough to see me through the night and rather than buy another one I want to utilise the V2L in my Marvel but I don't want to attempt to connect it to the grid like some people are trying to do. I charge the car during the day via solar.

Thanks again for the advice. The same as the one in the link you sent me ? Which version ? My issue is that once the sun goes down my battery is not enough to see me through the night and rather than buy another one I want to utilise the V2L in my Marvel but I don't want to attempt to connect it to the grid like some people are trying to do. I charge the car during the day via solar.
The beauty of doing it this way is that your whole house is supplied and there's no switching to do etc. The 3 kW version would be a very good fit for your system, it would work very much like a range extender on a car.

The beauty of doing it this way is that your whole house is supplied and there's no switching to do etc. The 3 kW version would be a very good fit for your system, it would work very much like a range extender on a car.
Many thanks. Which model do I choose as there are lots of different voltages ? Is that a 3kw version as it mentions 800w, 1500w and 3000w !!

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom