Cost of journey and err stupidly warning

Keith Harris

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Just worked out my cost for our trip to Exeter for the week from North Norfolk. Exactly 300 miles door to door and about 150 miles when we were there, so about 750 in total . Around £40 in total with 3 rapid charges, a couple of Tesco freebys and a couple of granny charges overnight which I gave the house owner £10 which I’m sure didn’t cost that but hey ho. I reckon in my old Mitsubishi phev it would have been a couple of hundred , so massive result there.
Please tell me someone else out there in MG land has charged and then drove away with the charging door open at the front, I have done it a couple of times, luckily it’s been fine weather when I’ve done it and only on short journeys, it’s a shame there’s not a bong or warning on the dash like every other little thing ( I.e. Do i really need to know my wheels aren’t straight) . Ah well maybe they will put a numpty setting on the up grade 😳😳

When you unplug the charger is there a reason not to close it immediately? Is the cable too heavy to manage that makes you replace it before you close the charge door?

I'm forgetting all kind of stuff these days, although I haven't managed this particular thing....yet!
Does anyone think it's a bit odd that there is no kind of rubber seal to prevent weather getting in through the charging door. I know there are caps fitted to the sockets but it all seems a bit exposed to me in that area.

Oh I've done it loads of times, probably 10 times now. Once I drove 100 miles in rain with it open.

My routine I guess copied patrol filling. Fill up, take pump out, put pump down, close hatch. Now I very much try taking it out, close hatch, put plug back.

Still is as stupid does (I think that's what Forrest Gump said)

And before anyone shouts at me I have done it as well

Frank

That was the STUPID auto correct on my Amazon tablet as I did member (that was supposed to be remember) it correctly just did not check text before pressing "post reply'

Frank

Is it possible to drive off with the cable connected? I haven't tried it yet but I presume it's impossible :)

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom