Yes was posted. This is a nice write up about MG and Cyberster purchase. MG saved this guy during the pandemic apparently! Obviously hed already put money down in crowdfunding for the car. Still a good gesture!

Cyberster safety Testing in China

Last edited:
Does anyone know what colours there will be... I was consigned to getting yellow, but I think I saw a green version!

Does anyone know what colours there will be... I was consigned to getting yellow, but I think I saw a green version!

5 colours and 2 hood colours at launch so far apparently

Im assuming Red, Yellow, Silver (spotted in UK), dark Grey and some sort of Cream/Crayon or Off white. Then later on probably white, black and other colours?!

Interior Light Beige and Red. I havent seen a black interior but ive seen beige and dark grey combo

Hood Black and Red

I'll share my first impressions. So far I only had the opportunity to ride for a couple of hours. The roads were dry, but there were summer tires and -3 degrees below zero. In comfort mode I wasn’t particularly impressed, maybe because I’m currently using a BMW ix m60, but in sport mode it’s really much better. Controllability and sensitivity of the steering wheel are like in a sports car, sensitive gas pedal. Well, the instant response of the electric motors and the power of 544 hp is a super sensation. On the street, everyone turns their heads and takes photos. The suspension is sporty and firm. The turning radius is small. It was not possible to test the active cruise control with lane keeping well, but it is there and it worked. It's about the good. )
All settings and inscriptions are in Chinese, however, I figured out almost all the settings. For charging I bought a type2 to GBT adapter. There is no roaming, so software updates are not available, the time is not updated and GMT +8 is displayed. ) I need to look for a telecommunications unit and change the SIM chip to a local one. But that may come later. While we are waiting for spring. ) My Cyberster on the parking photo. )

Attachments

• IMG_5341.PNG
    IMG_5341.PNG
    1.2 MB · Views: 69
Is there possibly a language settings menu? Looks good. Weather hopefully will change fast around April. Thats the version to have the AWD version.

Apparently the UK isn't getting the all-Red interior that we've seen in China. Instead there will be a black and red interior (which I assume will follow the same style as the grey interior which has been shown elsewhere).
Also, initially, we'll only get the black soft top roof.

I'm thinking Camden Grey, with Black Roof, Black and Red interior..... but can't decide whether to go for RWD or AWD. I suspect it will come down to pricing. If it's over £5k difference to go for the AWD, then I'll probably "settle" with the RWD.

I'll share my first impressions. So far I only had the opportunity to ride for a couple of hours. The roads were dry, but there were summer tires and -3 degrees below zero. In comfort mode I wasn’t particularly impressed, maybe because I’m currently using a BMW ix m60, but in sport mode it’s really much better. Controllability and sensitivity of the steering wheel are like in a sports car, sensitive gas pedal. Well, the instant response of the electric motors and the power of 544 hp is a super sensation. On the street, everyone turns their heads and takes photos. The suspension is sporty and firm. The turning radius is small. It was not possible to test the active cruise control with lane keeping well, but it is there and it worked. It's about the good. )
All settings and inscriptions are in Chinese, however, I figured out almost all the settings. For charging I bought a type2 to GBT adapter. There is no roaming, so software updates are not available, the time is not updated and GMT +8 is displayed. ) I need to look for a telecommunications unit and change the SIM chip to a local one. But that may come later. While we are waiting for spring. ) My Cyberster on the parking photo. )
Does look the part. 🙂👍

Interesting.

"MG Cyberster electric roadster was officially launched at the Guangzhou Auto Show in China, revealing a price range of 319,900 – 359,800 yuan (44,300 – 49,800 USD) and three trims." Price is higher than was anticipated. In pounds its feasible but we know it wont cost this. If they could put it at £45-50,000 it would do good as opposed to 50-60k mentioned before. 5k dollars is a good margin between both trims.

Special Edition 100 ($51000)

Black bolsters and red inlay or black inlay and red bolsters? Inlay being Alcantara.

With leather inlays and possible lumbar support they could add air conditioned seats similar to F Type. Im assuming Alcantara would just be heated base. Air scarf would require an ac pipe to run behind the seat. The cars pretty much finalized. Do you know who decides what the UK market gets in terms of features?

Apparently

"The Cyberster’s remarkable styling will be further enhanced with an evocative range of paint colours and finishes. The Dynamic Red launch colour will be joined by New English White and two metallic paint choices, Camden Grey and Cosmic Silver. A dramatic Inca Yellow will be offered as a premium option. Both black and roof colours will also be offered for Cyberster models."

Yes was posted. This is a nice write up about MG and Cyberster purchase. MG saved this guy during the pandemic apparently! Obviously hed already put money down in crowdfunding for the car. Still a good gesture!

Cyberster safety Testing in China

Does not resemble Euro NCAP testing one iota.

The first test seems to be the Diamonds are Forever test, an everyday occurence for the motorist.

The second test; the bar jump. I cannot conceive of an accident like this with someone behind the wheel

Test 3; pissed up chinaman falls into monsoon drain. Yes, this could happen in Hong Kong. Monsoon drains everywhere.

Test 4. No bar to jump over, now its the beach slide test.

At this stage are they honestly testing the Cyberster to see if it falls over?

Real safety testing

We know. I'm sure they'll post Euro NCAP later. No one claimed it was a full crash test. The translation on the title is actually roll test which is important for convertibles.

We know. I'm sure they'll post Euro NCAP later. No one claimed it was a full crash test. The translation on the title is actually roll test which is important for convertibles.

Chinese roll testing you say?

Euro NCAP testing is purely voluntary. And MG won't be publishing the NCAP data. Only Euro NCAP will.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom