• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.
If any other manufacturer had a comparable car on sale it would be north of 60k for the single motor and north of 70k for the twin motor, so I don't think the pricing is particularly high. At the end of the day it is what people will pay that will determine the price level. People were paying far more for Tesla's before a drop in sales forced them to lower the prices.

Is there a list of dealers who may be taking deposits? anybody's best guess?

Hi Miles,

Are you aware of which dealerships have been earmarked to be able to provide this car when it eventually goes on sale. TVM.
They haven't announced the dealer list as yet. I'd imagine that if you register for updates on the MG website, then they'll advise once they are confirmed.

Chorley MG is expected to be one of the chosen dealers, based on historical EV sales and the fancy new showroom. ;-)

I don't want a car everyone has, where I pass several others a day exactly the same!
I do want a car that everyone has. It means it will be a well tested product with bugs fixed and there will be more support resources.
And if I got a model y and wanted to be different, I’d wrap it.

I do want a car that everyone has. It means it will be a well tested product with bugs fixed and there will be more support resources.
And if I got a model y and wanted to be different, I’d wrap it.
I know that's what most people want, it proves my point really though as I like to be different, even if that sometimes means a little more hassle ;) A wrapped Y is just a differently coloured dull, common, car!

I know that's what most people want, it proves my point really though as I like to be different, even if that sometimes means a little more hassle ;) A wrapped Y is just a differently coloured dull, common, car!
I agree that the look of all teslas is pretty bland. Having said that, I do think that the S is very nice. But teslas have arrived at that look in the drive to be efficient and simple. The MG4 is more interesting to look at but at the expense of efficiency.
For reference I feel the most attractive car is the Lotus Elise.
IMG_7986.png

This was mine.
I think wrapping a car can make it strikingly different.

I saw a few spy photos and videos! What do people think of the arrow rear lights?. The shape of the rear as a whole reminds me of the GTR50 Nissan. Why not swap them for Halo Lights. Similar to the GTR or Ferrari/Ford GT.

I think it would improve the rear look.

Last edited:
Well, you can think that. It'll do very well indeed, there are no electric roadsters at all yet and some of us are waiting for just this type of car, I'm having one.

You're right about Tesla's being very common now, but mainly 3/Y, there aren't many S/X around, partly as they've not been available for over 2 years now. It was one of my cars, I recently sold it.
We don’t know how well it will do right now, but it can go either way. MG is now known known as a budget low quality brand and it may look beautiful (designed in the UK), but if the hard and software are as temperament as other MG EV’s it may not do well for long. But on the other hand, it is keeping image of the old MG brand alive and doing no better or worse than all those years ago under the rusty Rover Days.

We don’t know how well it will do right now, but it can go either way. MG is now known known as a budget low quality brand and it may look beautiful (designed in the UK), but if the hard and software are as temperament as other MG EV’s it may not do well for long. But on the other hand, it is keeping image of the old MG brand alive and doing no better or worse than all those years ago under the rusty Rover Days.
Actually it was the BMC/British Leyland rusty days. The late ones under Rover Group didn't rust hardly at all! ;)

Last edited:
That is the biggest challenge for MG. I think that they are starting to produce some interesting cars but the dealer networks and overall attitude to customer service will have to improve significantly in order to attract and retain customers who are paying for a premium end product.
I have found the Tesla Service to be the worst I've ever experienced in 40 years motoring. No phone number or email address, just a chat page in the Tesla app that nobody ever responds to. Joe's Motors in our village gives better service so I don't think MG have anything to worry about.

Any word on sounds similar to the one in this video from 11 minutes

Taycan Video

I was comparing weights of the roadster vs Model 3.

Model 3 with 4 doors and rear seats came in at 1847kg. Power rates at 300+ and 430+ (3.2) for the performance

Surely the roadster cant be heavier than that even with the roof.

Well as i expected, the UK price is an absolute RIP OFF. $33350 in the US vs £50000 in the UK which is exactly half the price we are expected to pay!!!.

If we paid the US price, then i would say MG have done it again and smashed the market with a good car at an affordable price, but it seems like they want to use the UK as their cash cow and for that fact alone, the cyberster deserves to flop in the UK.

Greed will be the end of MG's sudden rise!

Well as i expected, the UK price is an absolute RIP OFF. $33350 in the US vs £50000 in the UK which is exactly half the price we are expected to pay!!!.

If we paid the US price, then i would say MG have done it again and smashed the market with a good car at an affordable price, but it seems like they want to use the UK as their cash cow and for that fact alone, the cyberster deserves to flop in the UK.

Greed will be the end of MG's sudden rise!
$33500 equivalent in China, they aren't getting it in the US. Shipping, import duty, & VAT additions are a bi**h! The MG4 is only about £15k equivalent in China too!

Import vat plus customs per car is 30% combined. Being a dealer its probably discounted further. 10k premium max. So final price should be around 43-53,000 dollars. That equates to £33,000 allowing for VAT and Customs. Price in China is £26,000 base. Talk of £50,000 put dealer margin at £24,000 per vehicle (base model). When import fees are 30% or £8000 excluding shipping. Thats £16,000 profit per car.

So the car has an MX5 price in China but a Z4 price here.

Pricing would put the base in the £40,000 region allowing for £7000 profit margin post import costs.

Base model £40,000 premium £50,000 is where MG ceiling should be.

Last edited:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom