Dash cam battery drain with 24hr parking monitor ?

boomish

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
Is anyone using a dash cam that has 24hr parking monitor Successfully? I’ve bought a new Jansite 4k Mirror dashcam & hardware fitting kit, but after reading all the threads on dashcam fitting & ordered ATS fuse taps, I then started reading the fitting kit has a battery cut off voltage to not drain the battery, after that all the battery draining threads on the MG5, so now I’m paranoid that fitting a dashcam that’s going to draw current when the car is off it might not be great for the battery in the MG5.
I could just not bother connecting the continuous power part or an accessible switch in case we store the car, though you can turn this off in software, I like the idea of a switch.
Appreciate any advice.

I had this issue with my MG3, so now I plug it into the accessory socket. Dashcam powers itself off its own battery when the car is off.

In the end the Dashcam I got had the wrong orientation with the camera on the left hand side of the mirror, a bit useless for UK right hand drives I thought so returned it. Am looking into others ..

My own humble ZS RHD solution, but not continuously powered:

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom